As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:More new MDUW music (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:More new MDUW music
More new MDUW music 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi All,

Finished yet another new track, just MDUW, loaded with samples obviously.

Check it out --- as always, comments/critique/praise much appreciated!

https://soundcloud.com/encym/fly-float
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
A4 / MD UW+ / MNM / Nord Lead II / Waldorf XT
Re:More new MDUW music 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Nice and chunky, but with a stripped-down feel – very nice! Makes me want to try an MD-only track too . . .
duplex wrote:
Nice and chunky, but with a stripped-down feel – very nice! Makes me want to try an MD-only track too . . .

Cheers!
King Koopa
MD SPS-1UW+
Analog FOUR
Renoise 2.8

http://soundcloud.com/doktor-fibonacci
Really cool, trippy track dude Quite lush sounds for such an efficient setup.

@ Duplex... definitely try an MD only track, they can be a lot of fun. If your doing a live set, it's always cool to break into something different for a short while. Sort of like Jeff Mills ending of his set with a 909 solo.
DaCaVa wrote:

@ Duplex... definitely try an MD only track, they can be a lot of fun. If your doing a live set, it's always cool to break into something different for a short while. Sort of like Jeff Mills ending of his set with a 909 solo.

Thanks a lot.

This I think is my favourite of all the MD-only pieces I've done so far.
I am continuing to work on this concept for a while to see what I can coax out of this machine.

[The concept is to make pieces that can be done and recorded live, in the MD, with very economical use of samples obviously]

As always, guitars and other audio material is transferred to the MD after having been recorded and treated in Logic or Live, so I don't usually use RAM machines - even though that may be next on my list of things to tackle.

Thanks for listening!
DaCaVa wrote:

Thanks a lot.

This I think is the best of all the MD-only pieces I've done so far.
I am continuing to work on this concept for a while to see what I can coax out of this machine.
As always, the guitars are of course transferred to the MD after having been recorded and treated in Logic or Live.

Thanks for listening!
King Koopa
Great track. This kind of thing makes me realize I've never even scratched the surface on mine.

Out of curiosity - how many patterns does this comprise? Just curious how people are structuring songs with this much variation - I've realized lately I'm too much in the pocket on patterns on my Elektron gear and when I listen to something like this I think I should be introducing more variation.
Victor Star wrote:
Great track. This kind of thing makes me realize I've never even scratched the surface on mine.

Out of curiosity - how many patterns does this comprise? Just curious how people are structuring songs with this much variation - I've realized lately I'm too much in the pocket on patterns on my Elektron gear and when I listen to something like this I think I should be introducing more variation.

Hi Victor Star,

Thanks a lot.
To answer your question: Those were about 13 patterns all in all I think.
Victor Star wrote:

I think one should get much brave with regards to patterns,
More can go wrong this way, but errors are probably more important than safety.

You could just start by pressing record on a blank 64-step pattern, or why not try 57 steps.
Then add the sounds.
It would make for astonishing results I'm sure even though it might get a tiny bit nerve-wrecking when done live in front of an audience.
Go to top Post Reply