As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Re:Barfunkel - 80's Detroit vibe-y track (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Barfunkel - 80's Detroit vibe-y track
Barfunkel - 80's Detroit vibe-y track 10 Years, 9 Months ago
On my endless quest towards cracking what made early Detroit techno tracks so special , I stumbled among this track:

https://soundcloud.com/user4904810/return-to-the-city-of-d-1

Still not 100% satisfied, as it doesn't sound Detroit enough to my ears. There's something weird about the chords they used and I simply don't know what it is!

Created with a Nintendo DS and an Allen & Heath Xone 22 mixer.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:Barfunkel - 80's Detroit vibe-y track 10 Years, 9 Months ago
great bassline

If you are looking for suggestions i think it could perhaps do with a fe more layers to it, some slow opening filters that kind of thing perhaps?
Re:Barfunkel - 80's Detroit vibe-y track 10 Years, 9 Months ago
toma wrote:
great bassline

If you are looking for suggestions i think it could perhaps do with a fe more layers to it, some slow opening filters that kind of thing perhaps?

I wish I could, but the Nintendo app has 8 tracks and max 12 note polyphony (which includes the drums). Usually I have a B section with added strings and stuff, but this time there was simply too much percussion that ate away the track and polyphony count.

Thanks for listening.

BTW, this will be one of my last Nintendo tracks, as I'm currently selling stuff to fund an A4 purchase, which should happen any day now!
Go to top Post Reply