As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:long evolving soundscapes with Monomachine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:long evolving soundscapes with Monomachine
Game & Watch
Re:long evolving soundscapes with Monomachine 11 Years, 6 Months ago
One thing i love for making patterns more alive and interesting is something i have done on my nord mod for years.

It has a module that takes triggers as inputs but only outputs some of them, randomly. So now a pattern doesn't always play the same, only random steps from the pattern actually get triggered.

You can do this with the MD and Mono, it needs one lfo (or two to jazz it up).

Take the sound your going to randomise the trigger of and reduce its volume to 0. Now set up a square wave lfo (set pretty fast) to modulate the volume of the sound and set the depth to the highest level you want the sound to be, change the trigger mode of the lfo to hold.

If you use another lfo to modulate the speed of the square lfo, its impact on whether the sound triggers or not becomes more random and less patterned. Using this trick you can make a 1 bar pattern seem much more complicated.

If you have steps where you always want the sound to trigger (rather than occasionally), then lock the square lfo depth to 0 and the volume to something higher.
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply