As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Trinity Road Case - suggestions? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Trinity Road Case - suggestions?
Chain Chomp
Re:Trinity Road Case - suggestions? 12 Years, 4 Months ago
do you think it would withstand flight/transport? I'm moving to Oz in the new year (i'll start a new thread elsehwere on that!) and I bought a rack case - I've since been told rackmounting gear is actually the worse way of transporting - individually packed foam cases are far far better. It's annoying because I want a case that is the be all and end all as well (although I'm talking about for my other set up [ cirklon, virus, drumstation, efx, comp and rack mixer]....my MD and OT are safe inside a custom made flightcase..)
  The topic has been locked.
Hammer Bro
http://soundcloud.com/cosmosuave
MDSPS-1UW+ MKII Doepfer DARKENERGY Darktime MKS-30 Mbase01 A&H Zed14 Ensoniq DP/4 RNC 1773
I think rack mounting is fine as long as you support the rear of the units mounted as all the weight is distributed to front face plate of the gear causing a lot of stress when it is being transported...

I'm looking into a case as well for my gear where all I have to do is plug in a power lead and connect my left/right outs and jam...

gosh wrote:
do you think it would withstand flight/transport? I'm moving to Oz in the new year (i'll start a new thread elsehwere on that!) and I bought a rack case - I've since been told rackmounting gear is actually the worse way of transporting - individually packed foam cases are far far better. It's annoying because I want a case that is the be all and end all as well (although I'm talking about for my other set up [ cirklon, virus, drumstation, efx, comp and rack mixer]....my MD and OT are safe inside a custom made flightcase..)
gosh wrote:
That foam stuff you get from camping stores is fairy good for a bit of padding. Where are you moving to in Australia? You'll love it here.
Chain Chomp
Well nothing is fully in place yet. I've been offered a job in Newcastle but I expect it's a little small for us (my girlfriend and I). We've been told Melbourne is pretty cool but would be happy in a number of places. I'm basically going off friends and resident advisor at the moment
About to start a topic on moving there (together with a connundrum on where to go/what kit to bring etc) so look it up! Where abouts are you?
Geoff
gosh wrote:
Well nothing is fully in place yet. I've been offered a job in Newcastle but I expect it's a little small for us (my girlfriend and I). We've been told Melbourne is pretty cool but would be happy in a number of places. I'm basically going off friends and resident advisor at the moment
About to start a topic on moving there (together with a connundrum on where to go/what kit to bring etc) so look it up! Where abouts are you?
Geoff

I'm in north queensland(Townsville where the powerpuff girls live). If your into live electronic music Melbourne and sydney are great. The east coast is great for music and partys. The hippy culture is alive and well in little pockets around the place and they will set up gigs in the middle of nowhere. Australia is laid back and as long as you stay away from tiny little farming towns you will find a group of friends in no time. Birds of a feather.
Boo
...so if anyone's interested... i took a gamble and bought the skb 3I-4214-5B-L case on ebay, picked it up today.. the trinity fits in perfectly lengthwise and depthwise there is about half as much space again at the back for fx pedals and other bits and pieces. heightwise everything is sitting on a piece of foam about a rack unit high (one of three that came inside the case). the hinges at the back of the case have metal pins holding them together which can be taken out fairly easily to get the lid off completely.

pic is attached below, its still pretty messy as i need to clean up the cabling with right angled jacks and midis etc, i should be able to get a powerboard in there as well fairly easily. i'm stoked!

Cappy
@ Tyrone.....That looks class!! just what i had in mind! How much did you nab it for?
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Tyrone wrote:
...so if anyone's interested... i took a gamble and bought the skb 3I-4214-5B-L case on ebay, picked it up today.. the trinity fits in perfectly lengthwise and depthwise there is about half as much space again at the back for fx pedals and other bits and pieces. heightwise everything is sitting on a piece of foam about a rack unit high (one of three that came inside the case). the hinges at the back of the case have metal pins holding them together which can be taken out fairly easily to get the lid off completely.

pic is attached below, its still pretty messy as i need to clean up the cabling with right angled jacks and midis etc, i should be able to get a powerboard in there as well fairly easily. i'm stoked!

whoa I like this idea. Just enough space up top for my 303 and my handy Roland RE-20 tape echo emulator pedal!

Are you using velcro to stick the trinity to the backboard?
Boo
@Peza - thanks the case was $169 USD plus postage but the seller had a sale just before xmas so it was around $155 + postage. this is the link http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170744632822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649. postage was quick, i'd buy from him again

@coldfuture - at the moment i've just got them sitting on two layers of foam (abt 6cm high) that comes with the case. I had velcro hooks already on the bottom of the MD and MnM but it won't grip onto the foam. yeah I might velcro the front/side edges of the elektrons to add some more stability, it will work fine for the MD and MnM but for the OT there is a small nub which protrudes about 4mm on the inside centre of the case, i think its a pressure equalisation valve or something. worst case I can velcro the MD/MnM to the side of the case and then the OT to the MD and MnM. even without velcro i think once everything is in there it should all be pretty snug and shouldn't move around much.

There is a third layer of foam which i might use to cut out some small pieces for extra padding in between boxes as well. The lid also has a layer of that dimpled foam (similar to sound insulation) so that should also keep things from moving around i hope and also give some protection for the knobs.

i'll post another pic once i've got it all cabled up properly and with the powerboard inside!
Boo
@Peza - i just checked the ebay link and i saw that the same seller sold one to another guy for $150, so he might be open to offers...
Go to top Post Reply