As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Machinedrum uw/octatrack question... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Machinedrum uw/octatrack question...
Admin
Re:Machinedrum uw/octatrack question... 12 Years, 10 Months ago
^ Thanks ARK. Deleted the other thread.
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
andreasfr wrote:
Maybe I'm reading you wrong, Exper but you don't need the UW version to trigger your modular. I use the impulse-machines with volume and distortion at 127 - works like a charm

Bare with me if this is obvious and I sound retarded..

Yes, that is how I'm sending trigger to the modular as well. My concerns are, that I'd like the extra steps that a mkii MD offers, and I'm thinking, if I need sampling, I have NIs maschine, and am thinking of Octatrack. To me, the most useful feature of the MD is realtime sampling, which the Maschine is not good at. I like sending bits of the modular into the MD and recording it, using plock to reverse and effect bits. The other thing I use the sampling for is to transition between patterns. SO, I'm trying to make sure that the Octa can do this type of realtime sample manipulation AND record bars or the MD in order to cross fade and transition patterns. And yes, I know this would make Rubix happy!
Goomba
I'm having some trouble getting this to work right and it seems to come down to my cable situation. I can send IMP and come back in with audio from the modular to resample, but it seems my mono 1/4" adapters won't work. I have to use a stereo 1/4" adapter and then use my regular adinfinitum cables, or else the volume is super quiet. I guess I need to exchange these 5 mono adapters I just got and go with TRS
Cappy
I have to raise volume, level and distortion to max to make sure all my different modules are triggering as they should.
I'm using standard (stereo) headphone adaptors.
Cappy
Its tricky though, because some modules still won't trigger from it. The MFB envelopes won't, and the Doepfer A-154 seems to get "stuttery" with the pure MD trigger. What I do sometimes is, if I have a spare channel on my Maths, I'll send the trigger into that and use the EOC output to send a stronger stable trigger for syncing everything else.
Chain Chomp
Cappy
Yeah, that would be a nice solution, but I'd hate to give up the hp space!
Chain Chomp
do you have any desktop or rack space? if so try either of these:

Tama TTB-1000 = tha kang!

http://obsoletetechnology.wordpress.com/projects/midi-cvgate-converter/ = diy
Goomba
Modifying the Sample LEN on the octatrack 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hi,

I'm trying to modify/ cut the sample length quickly with the octatrack. I can easily change the start of the sample with the "STRT" knob but the "LEN" length knob doesn't do anything. I want to cut the snare sample and kick sample so that it's tight but no matter how much I rotate it, it doesn't seem to do anything. Help?

Also, I will have many more questions in the future, could anyone please recommend a good msgboard where I can ask all these basic questions? Or is this fine here.

Thanks!
Hammer Bro
Octatrack : Analog Four : NM G2
Soundcloud
Re:Modifying the Sample LEN on the octatrack 11 Years, 11 Months ago
Hit function + playback (or double-tap the Playback button) and turn the LEN switch to ON, otherwise the control does nothing. I'm not sure why it's set up that way, it seems rather pointless and I'd rather have the Length control switched on by default.
Go to top Post Reply