As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear octatrack saving project bug!? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: octatrack saving project bug!?
Goomba
octatrack saving project bug!? 12 Years, 10 Months ago
When I was going to save a project this came up: "some errors occured! Do you want to abort loading this project, yes no"

and now I can´t open the project I did?

What do I do?
  The topic has been locked.
Re:octatrack saving project bug!? 12 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi, sorry to hear that.... I have the same problem here...

As soon as I bought the unit I started to have this problem, after checking with the support they told me to send them some files, and it was some tipe of "spelling mistake" in one of the bank files the OT generates when creating a project... You could see easily that the file was generated wrong...

Maybe this is your case.

I changed to a new set and it worked ok untill now, few minutes ago. Now I have (well I had) a whole 90 minutes set... 11 tracks on 11 banks and loads of patterns... all with different pattern lenghts, loads of assignements... I would like to use it in a big festival I have to play in 2 weeks, a pity.

Let say what they say this time, cause I dont find spelling mistake inside the project folder.

Anyway, I cant tell you a lot more, check if there is a bank or pattern that looks suspiciuous and rename it properly... (as they told me) and allways make backup points as often as possible. I noticed once the project gets fucked, the only way to come to fix it is by back ups.

I will post their solution once I get an answer.
All the best!!
I am sorry to hear these troubles!

please back up people!
Goomba
My Octatrack is having this problem constantly actually. Interesting to hear that others are having the same issue.

I'm also often getting an error saying "some errors occured while writing data to card" so I'm wondering if my card when I (which shipped with the OT) is defective? That one happens when I try to restore the backup of the project. Either way, its a bit of a worry.

Also, I can't get a single sample to load without errors and it keeps asking me to mount a set, even though I've already selected one... Is it user error or do I have a dud machine ?

EDIT
Also, when it asks me to mount a set, it's often not finding the presets set that I've been using to store everything... Evidence of problem with the card do you think?
Goomba
OK found the solution... I formatted my card and it all works again now. I think projects must have become corrupted while updating the OS... Silly me for not checking the readme!
Goomba
Re:octatrack saving project bug!? 12 Years, 5 Months ago
got the same problem!
already bought another (expensive) cf card, formatted, ...
after os 1.03b it seems to work but now he said again "no set is mounted"
then it freezes when i direcjtly press "ok", it goes on by pressing "function+project" but there is no set!
when i connect the octatrack to pc, you can see that in the folder are many strange things, names, subfolders.

i will call the dealer tomorrow.
King Koopa
www.exuviae-music.com

Current band members: Octatrack, A4, Ultranova
I had this happen once and it was after I'd worked for several hours on a project and didn't save until way late in the game. When I saved, I got these messages and basically lost the work I had done.

Have been super paranoid about it ever, since, but nothing like it has happened again (knock on wood)
Killer Beez
Kit Philips wrote:
OK found the solution... I formatted my card and it all works again now. I think projects must have become corrupted while updating the OS... Silly me for not checking the readme!

Before an OS update I ALWAYS
-save my projects (s) to a backup point
-store a copy of my projects (and AUDIO pool if modified) to my computer
-update the OS
-do an empty reset on the following reboot
-reload my project from the save point

Never had any problems with corrupted projects since the very first OS.. I think the key to not having any issue is the EMPTY RESET after an OS update.
Go to top Post Reply