As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:OT: recording 6 bar loop (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:OT: recording 6 bar loop
Cappy
Re:OT: recording 6 bar loop 10 Years, 9 Months ago
what would be the best channel to hassle them again about this? support?
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
edit:

done here
Cappy
great write up.. what's your point?
I've asked for higher resolution on an existing knob and it seems other users would like to see that too. no need to get snarky buddy. one love.
Chain Chomp
Out of interest here's a reply from some time ago to a support email packed with my wacky ideas.

"Thanks for the Octatrack requests! Except from the 128 step rec length and INF length requests, they are quite tough nuts to crack I'm afraid."

So I remain optimistic. I also think there's no harm asking, even if it only widens the perspective for future products. One of the things I've noticed about Elektron users generally is the devotion and trust. I think these things arise because you can ask and sometimes you receive.
Chain Chomp
Everything you own ends up owning you.
With respect oldgearguy, all we are talking about is sampling, not sequencing. Just the ability to extend the number of steps before the recording stops. Since the buffers can now record the full ram (I forget 6+mins) it seems wasteful to only allow 64 step maximum regardless of tempo multipliers/dividers.
It isn't unreasonable to wish to record 8 bars of audio even though the sequencer is limited to 4 bars. We have one shot recording so hooking up say an Electribe which has 8 bars would be nice and easy, I for one have a lot of random modulation on things and like to have twice as much as I need for variation. I shouldn't have to use two samples for an 8 bar loop on a live sampling device, it seems a little short sighted. Of course there are workarounds but not in a live setting.
We aren't asking a for a sequencer rewrite, just a lifting of the restriction of how much can be sampled in a single pass (quantised).
The OT sequencer itself is fine and more than a match for any other on the market ignoring Cirklons and Genoqs of course!
Anyway, lets see what the future brings, our only option
Go to top Post Reply