As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear BPM Machine for the MD and MNM ? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: BPM Machine for the MD and MNM ?
BPM Machine for the MD and MNM ? 17 Years, 10 Months ago
i think it would be really good to have a BPM machine so that we can control the BPM from a knob, or even parameter lock it !?!?!??!!! :-o

that would be a serious feature.

i wonder if it is possible to achive such a thing?
you can do it on Ableton Live and such software like that but it would be much cooler if we had it on the machine...

what do you think people?

by the way is there a way to control the BPM from an external controller?? :-x
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re: BPM Machine for the MD and MNM ? 17 Years, 10 Months ago
I don't understand....when I sync my MD and MnM...I use the MnM as the Master...and then use the level knob of the MnM to adjust the BPMs for both machines.
Killer Beez

data-line wrote:
i think it would be really good to have a BPM machine so that we can control the BPM from a knob, or even parameter lock it !?!?!??!!! :-o

that would be a serious feature.
I think it would be nice creative feature. Elektron could actually expand the ctrl-machines a lot (if they would see it fitting the MD concept).
Goomba

data-line wrote:

Yes, that would be cool. Especially w/ parameter locks & slides.
Game & Watch
Explain to me what I am missing... I'm a bit simple.
Cappy
Think it would be good live if you don't want to have to jump to song mode just to set the speed right for the next track/songpart. Sometimes that's all I use the song mode for. And to be able to lock it and change continously would open up a new world of evil time signatures. Just like in the old tracker days.. ah yeah.

Not sure which speed setting it should prioritize in case you have doubles in the song info though.

..And as I've said before, ctrl machine for the effect settings like delay speed/feedback etc. Same thing there, the more control the better.

jsrockit wrote:
I don't understand....when I sync my MD and MnM...I use the MnM as the Master...and then use the level knob of the MnM to adjust the BPMs for both machines.

i didnt know that you could do that on MNM?!?!?
i am saving up for it hopefully ill get it 2 3 months...
i bet it is as wicked as MD!But in a different way
Goomba

kotten wrote:
..And as I've said before, ctrl machine for the effect settings like delay speed/feedback etc. Same thing there, the more control the better.

I was just going to mention that. Consider the motion seconded
King Koopa

kotten wrote:
... And to be able to lock it and change continously would open up a new world of evil time signatures. Just like in the old tracker days.. ah yeah.

Having noise lfo controlling the bpm ctrl device could provide some unearthly sounds

Or, to do the standard groove thing like in trackers you could assign pulse lfo to control the bpm.

Very nice idea.
ens
Cappy
The tempo-LFO thing would be nice. I'm using max/msp, and I think it would be quite easy to make a patch that change the tempo with any LFO-shape...

But what I would really like on the machinedrum is a LFO step function. It would be nice to make a loop, and have the start/stop step randomized. I guess you could make some not-thought-off wicked stuff with that and some random LFO-ing on the different tracks.

Or even better; a random start/stop/loop point for each track. (Maybe controlled from the LFOs) Hmmmm....
Go to top Post Reply