As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music bra eftermiddag (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: bra eftermiddag
Game & Watch
bra eftermiddag 15 Years, 12 Months ago
Hello... no, I'm not Swedish, just thought I'd throw that in.

Thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself as I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and officially joined the Elektron fam last week when my Monomachine arrived at my door. Yay!

I've been making music and odd recordings for some 35 years now. Originally a guitar player, I had the urge to setup a home studio and so started fiddling with synths in the 80s. I dropped music (except for my acoustic guitar) in favour of graphic design for about 7 years, and came back around 2002 and have been at it pretty steadily since then.

Recently I've been all software on the synth side, until a couple of months ago I decided I wanted a piece of hardware. Tbh, I hadn't even considered Elektron and I had never personally met a Monomachine, but the more I thought about it and read about it I thought this was exactly what I needed - something radically different, and hands-on that I could be creative with... so, I took the leap.

So far, I'm having a blast with this kit!

My music tends to be down tempo, atmospheric, melancholy, often filled with field recordings as well - probably not what typically gets done with Elektron gear, however, I'm ok with that, I will find a way to make it fit!

Anyhow, enough babble. If you want to check out my tracks, you'll find them here:

http://www.zoozither.com/music.htm

I have made one track so far mainly with the Monomachine, here:

It Ends With You

128 bit .mp3
6.3 mb
6:50 mins

Cheers!
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:bra eftermiddag 15 Years, 12 Months ago
polyslax wrote:

http://www.zoozither.com/music.htm

I have made one track so far mainly with the Monomachine, here:

It Ends With You

128 bit .mp3
6.3 mb
6:50 mins

Cheers!

very interesting! good atmosphere like in Robert Wyatt songs.

ural
i like this track. nicely mixed too.
Boo
It End with you is great! glad to see i'm not the only one making ambient with the MnM. when i was getting ready to buy i had a hard time convincing friends it can do things other than clangy, glitchy rudeness. good stuff!
Game & Watch
Thanks very much for the nice words you guys!
Go to top Post Reply