As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible?
Goomba
wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? 13 Years, 10 Months ago
Hi there,

I am trying to learn how to create and import my own DigiPro patches into Monomachine. Could anyone tell me if there is any possibility of converting a wav (or aiff) sample into a DigiPro format so that I can use it in MM? Otherwise, how could I expand MM's DigiPro sound bank without having to tweak the existing ones? Thanks
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Re:wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? 13 Years, 10 Months ago
If it is the right size the elektron c6 program will convert the wave into a usable digipro format. Simply upload after that. Quite easy really.
Game & Watch
Make sure you are using a recent version of C6. Load the wav/aiff file. There is a little DIGIPRO button towards the bottom. Click it and you should be good to go.
Goomba
Thanks a lot guys! I gather it must be a small size sample... I'll give it a shot right now!
Game & Watch
Yes - very small. I did some testing a while back and about the maximum length is a little over 0.1 seconds. Any longer and you will never be able to get the original pitch back. Have a search on the forum for Pseudo Sampling. I spent a couple of days intensively fiddling around with the Digipro.

The good news is that with pseudo sampling, you can chain together a bunch of short samples using trigless trigs and other tricks. Push your Mono to the limit - it's fun
Goomba
Re:wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? 13 Years, 5 Months ago
Hi everybody !
May i have your help ?
When i'm in C6, i can't press the DIGIPRO button, it's off, impossible to click on it.
I have yet loaded an aiff sample as short as possible.
Does anyone see where the problem is ?
Game & Watch
Do you have the aiff file selected/clicked?
Goomba
Yes.
But i finally tried with another very short sample that i didn't prepare on my audio editor, and it worked perfectly.
The problem certainly came from my editor (amadeus) which probably left blank space at the end of the sample. A tiny blank space, but long enough to make the file too long to fit in the DIGIPRO.
Goomba
Re:wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Hi,

I have a problem. Does anyone know the free AKWF Samples on http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/ ?

I tried to upload them to my monomachine. But everytime a get the message "Error: incorrect length" can anyone reproduce this?

Or is it not possible to upload waveforms to the monomachine without a +drive?
Goomba
Re:wav/aiff to digipro conversion - is that possible? 13 Years, 3 Months ago
Hi,

I have a problem. Does anyone know the free AKWF Samples on http://www.adventurekid.se/akrt/waveforms/adventure-kid-waveforms/ ?

I tried to upload them to my monomachine. But everytime a get the message "Error: incorrect length" can anyone reproduce this?

Or is it not possible to upload waveforms to the monomachine without a +drive?
Go to top Post Reply