As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Are we expecting a new Elektron product at Musikmesse? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Are we expecting a new Elektron product at Musikmesse?
Re:Are we expecting a new Elektron product at Musikmesse? 14 Years, 1 Month ago
androil wrote:
am i the only one who wants a proper sampler, with a similar interface to the MD/MnM, but with >= 256 mb memory, usb2 transfer, 16 or 24 bit with *optional* bit /sr reduction, the usual param. locks but with 'proper' sampler params , envelopes, start-offset, finetune etc etc?
i'd *run out* right now to get one

yeah I'd buy that too in a heartbeat
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
@0n0n3
MNM
OT
X0xb0x
Monotribe
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

that would do it
King Koopa
No you're not the only one
Goomba
Ice Man "I'm In"
Maverick "I'm In"
Me "I'mmmmm In"
King Koopa
Have a listen to Waverider!
androil wrote:
am i the only one who wants a proper sampler, with a similar interface to the MD/MnM, but with >= 256 mb memory, usb2 transfer, 16 or 24 bit with *optional* bit /sr reduction, the usual param. locks but with 'proper' sampler params , envelopes, start-offset, finetune etc etc?

yes I want one! exactly what I need

...but I won't have the money and will end up getting and old emu sampler for 100$ instead
Admin
androil wrote:

Are you talking about the one with the "Akai" logo on it?
Admin
Nils wrote:
androil wrote:

Are you talking about the one with the "Akai" logo on it?

yes! akai and elektron have teamed up to make a sampler.
_all_ they need to do is add MIDI ccs on every channel to an MPC with JJOS2 & you would have the sampler to rule them all. Plus keep the multiple MIDI jacks!
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
catfingers wrote:
_all_ they need to do is add MIDI ccs on every channel to an MPC with JJOS2 & you would have the sampler to rule them all. Plus keep the multiple MIDI jacks!

Dont think so, no uw function in there
if elektron puts out a sampler i hope t breaks the mold of the typical sampler architecture. and i don't see why it wouldn't based on what they've done already w/the MD, MnM and sid station.

i'm sure whatever they do (if there is something new) it will hold to the user friendly design that permeates all their products. quick access to what you need w/some deceptively simple things that are really quite deep and controllable w/lot's of options packed into a handful or two of parameters.

between the MnM and MDUW they are pretty close to the basics of sampler instrument. maybe a modulation matrix and more RAM and whatever magic elektron sampling engine they'd come up with and some different filter types and fx etc..

i think they could figure out a way to pack in the features people need (instead of everything and the kitchen sink) and still keep it a "live" instrument.. that's the challenge and where most fall short.
Go to top Post Reply