As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years ago
Couldn't you just import 8 bit samples?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years ago
feature request for previewing the sound of a note with p-locks by holding the note+pressing 'yes'.
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 12 Months ago
another request.. for the Machinedrum's Midi Out port to give the option to function as a Midi Through/ Midi Out merge output.

this would allow the Transport signal from ableton to start the Machinedrum and also the Monomachine, when the MnM is connected to the MD's Midi Out.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Feature Request (Flame Suit Donned):

I got the +Drive and I don't like it yet. I mean, i love it...but then, too, not.

What I'd like is the option to serendipitously just convert the +Drive into one single 'snapshot' as they are now called. One single big ass one.

I know I know...it would/could only have 48 ROM slots.

Honestly I don't care..b/c all I've ever wanted was additional sample size/length in the first place. So to me...a 'stock' MDUW, with simply 128 x's the storage SPACE/SIZE would be the ONLY thing I'd want.

Anyone else feel me? Like...enough to also make a request to just allocate the extra new memory space to the ROMs in the default 48 Slots, and call it a day?

Also...can't find it documented yet, and messing about with stuff in the menus was no help yet for me; but is there a way to use one of my old backup .syx (I back up to "ALL"), to populate one of the 128 snapshots on the +Drive? In other words, I've not found a way to restore my old ALL.syx images yet to +Drive SnapperShoots.
Feaure request for naming ROM samples, makes browsing and organizing them ALOT better..
just adding to the noise here:

-SOLO button/function on MD. this is driving me nuts for transitions and soundflow. I guess a minicommand can make possible a punction where you "mute all but track X" kind of feature?

- else they're dream machines already, anything extra is just a freakin nice bonus (like the phaser and flanger, love love love them)
I would definitely like to have a SOLO function.
And I agree with HighSage: The sample memory should be freely usable across all "Snapshots".
Cappy
Just borrowed an UW from a friend for a week and the #1 thing I'd want to see before buying one is a way to reverse the encoder settings so that they default to coarse tuning and only do fine tuning when pressed, instead of the way that they currently are. I found myself having to press down the knobs for almost every single tweak; this can't be good for the encoders, which already have a limited lifespan.
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 11 Months ago
Day two of owning a machinedrum... And already so many things spring to mind.

• Retrigger possibilities for all devices
I know this might be useless to a lot of people, but:
What if you could reach a retrig pattern mode when holding function, accent and slide at the same time?

Here you could specify notes which are to retrigger, as well as the parameter wheels

• More parameter locks, I would easily sacrifice the amount of patterns in my current snapshot dynamically, that is, when I have run out of memory because my patterns contain too much information like parameter locks, I wouldn´t be able to create any more data in any pattern in my current snapshot.

• Pattern change pattern:
Instead of waiting for the pattern to complete, you can write a pattern which selects when another pattern can be changed to, this would also incorporate the next function

• Pattern change legato mode:
When this mode is activated, when changing a from pattern A to pattern B if they are the same lenght, the MD would start playing back pattern B at the place corresponding to the place where pattern A left off. So if a change happens on step 5, it would start playing pattern b on step 5. I don´t know how to explain this better, look at ableton live´s clip setting called legato. This is great if you want to create new patterns on the fly from other patterns!

• Reload kit on pattern recall option
I don´t know if this is a bug or something but, when I load pattern A, sometimes I need to reload it´s kit for it to sound as it should, it´s as if some of the settings from the previous pattern are stuck... ? Maybe this has to do with the previous pattern having a CTRL-ALL device?

• CTRL-ALL device choices
CTRL-ALL is nice but, it would make more sense if you could somehow specify which instruments should be controlled by it, even better, if you could select which parameters in which devices should be controlled by it. So a CTRL-all routing mode would be great!

• +1 on shared sample memory for all snapshots on the +Drive
This is just such an obiously superior implementation, I don´t quite get why it isn´t there on the first place. Now, I don´t know how hard it would be, but wouldn´t it be great if all snapshots had access to all the sample slot? I´d rather have a HUUUUGE list of samples availble regardless of what snapshot I´m in... I guess if the ram is the problem, then the samples could be on the +Drive and dynamically allocated into the sample mem of the snapshot depending on what samples has been loaded into the patterns of the snapshot?
I´m suggesting this because isn´t the problem the fact that samples being played back needs to be read from the ram and the machinedrum can´t load in new samples on the fly into the ram when changing kit or so? If not then I don´t see any reason why you can´t access a shitload of samples using the +drive...

• Proper handling of CTRL-devices mute/unmute
It would make sense if when muting a CTRL device, the parameters would revert to value of said paramater for the kit of the pattern.

• Unsticky CTRL-device option
An option to set CTRL-devices to unsticky behavior, that is, the parameter in the CTRL device is only applied to the devices being controlled if there if it is on a "trigless trig step" or if it is after a sliding step.

• Slide stop option
T***T***
SS**SSSS
Here the trigs are steps with paramter locks and the S are steps with slide on them
It would make sense here to slide only when there are slide steps.

• Slide curves
When the slide dialog is activated and you press and hold a slide step, it would be great if you could change the curve for the interpolation by turning a parameter knob so you can change between logarithmic, linear(default) and exponential!

• Parameter specific slides, what if you, when in the slide dialog could write parameter specific slides by clicking the parameter know you want to write slide patterns for.

• Clear all parameter locks and slides function.
I don´t know why there isn´t such a thing already, or is there?

• Bipolar compressor sidechain filter setting
This is annoying, sometimes I like to only use the bass portion of a beat to compress, to very opposite of what the sidechain setting in the dynamix does. So a bipolar control with it´s default value at 64, 0=lowpassed, 128=highpassed

• +1 on inverse encoder setting! This IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

• When in the effects dialog, it would make sense if you could write trigless trig patterns with parameter locks for your currently selected effect, so you don´t have to waste a whole sequencer track to automate the effect devices.

Other than that, no complaints!
Admin
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 13 Years, 11 Months ago
welcome Veqtor.

quick reminder to all, to best be heard email your feature requests to support@elektron.se or jon@elektron.se

cheers!
Go to top Post Reply