As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 1 Month ago
I'm new to the MnM but what i miss in comparison to the MD is that I can't see which track is doing what. With just six tracks i could easily identify what was being triggered where (in most cases) with some visual feedback of trigs as one has with the MD.

ps my memory aint what it used to be
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
MD UW MKII + MNM SFX60 MKII + OT DPS-1
we88 wrote:
I'm new to the MnM but what i miss in comparison to the MD is that I can't see which track is doing what. With just six tracks i could easily identify what was being triggered where (in most cases) with some visual feedback of trigs as one has with the MD.

ps my memory aint what it used to be

pressing REC button while you have selected 1-6 track shows things pretty well.

What other possible options of visualization all 6 tracks? Blinking buttons like in MD? Hmmm?)
Ideas?
that's what I mean. On the MD the sound selection LED's blink when there is a trigger. It seems to me if a similar thing was happening with the track select LED's it would be way easier to quickly get where I want to.

Also, I reckon the pattern select LED is not a strong enough contrast with the others, in a pressure situation you really have to look twice - why not make it green and red as opposed to red and dark orange?
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years ago
hi there, +drive is a good news, octatrack too, but i also wait a new OS for machinedrum, it need a TB 303 emulator like TRX for TR drum machines: an warm square/triangle wave with a resonator filter.
Another thing i need is the possibility to freeze an track, parameter, all about an instrument, for to be sure that the work done can't be alterated for error, like by press function button and parameter.
Last the possibility to disenable button combo FUNCTION + PARAMETER.
Maybe one day we will see the 2.0 ??
Goomba
For my MDUW: I doubt if we will ever see it but id kill for new machines to be added...even some basic synthesis, more sample mangling ones/new fx? Id love a proper distortion, wide stereo delay and a render to wav type resampling option. the built in machines are flexible but I still wish for some new ones, it's all software so I imagine it's technically possible. I'm guessing it would alter compatibility with old patterns/backups etc. Maybe someday...Id happily pay for the OS update if it included some of this
Cappy
MDUWMKII
VIRUS TI2
MOOG LP
MAC
REMOTE SL
A feature where the MD automatically fill in the extra spaces to update a 16th note pattern to a 32nd note pattern so you could get more intricate on a 16th pattern you liked.
King Koopa
Didn't read the whole thread.. some MD Ideas:

1. The shrinked mute window is too big or not at the perfect spot in my opinion.. i always wonder about the name of the parameter behind it.

2. Being able to switch to a sound by holding function and hitting one of the sequencer keys while mute is switched on

3. Being able to see if a sample is used in any kit or not. I'm trying to delete some samples and don't want to skip through every machine in every kit to see if it's used anywhere or not.

4. A way to see if a kit is used in any pattern without having to look through all existing patterns..

Maybe this is all possible already, don't have the latest OS installed
Goomba
MD need an 8 bit sampler with pitch adjustment like notes frequencies + 24 bit effects and a tb-303 emulation
King Koopa
Gianmaria wrote:
MD need an 8 bit sampler with pitch adjustment like notes frequencies + 24 bit effects and a tb-303 emulation
No interest in a 12-bit sampler or a monomachine?
Goomba
i spend a lot of time to research my sound, i think 8 bit waves with 24 bit filtering with a pitch control like notes freq can be very good, They can create a machine to emulate the sid or a wave sampler with some different specs.

Trust me!
Go to top Post Reply