As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Midi Step Sequencing Machine (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Midi Step Sequencing Machine
Hammer Bro
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 6 Months ago
Swing range 20% - 80% (where 20% - 49% would place a sound before the beat).

Swing editor, with ability to set different swing values for different steps

+/- 24 semitone deviation in ensemble machines, as opposed to 12 (We need those 9ths and 11ths man!)

Rename BongoCongo to something more decent please. (No seriously...)
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 14 Years, 5 Months ago
cecil wrote:
Feature request / bugfix

(Possibility to) Init waveform phase for some kick machines, to even out phase cancellations and let the wave always start from 0, instead of running freely

+10. I had this recently. It was not so noticeable soloed but in the mix it caused the bass drum attack to partially cancel out every so often. Caused a lot of trouble because first I'm noticing the BD sounds wrong, solo it to check and it sounds fine. I'm turning things on and off, playing with levels, scratching my head, and still some measures worse than others. Finally I'm convinced it's the MD BD and not something else in the mix. I go back to MD, check all the LFOs are off, scratch head, rerecord, still problems, etc. Hours go by. I go through the waveforms and sure enough, they all noticeably different. I finally went through and sampled the best sounding kick and then used some other gear to play the sample. Wotta pain. For the next project, I switched to MBase 11.
nya
Cappy
phree phlow philosophy
bandcamp
myspace
TeacherOfStalker wrote:
Swing range 20% - 80% (where 20% - 49% would place a sound before the beat).

Swing editor, with ability to set different swing values for different steps

+/- 24 semitone deviation in ensemble machines, as opposed to 12 (We need those 9ths and 11ths man!)

I second this and would like to have the possibility to turn off quantizing when in live recording mode.
nya
Cappy
phree phlow philosophy
bandcamp
myspace
Goomba
In the past it was possible to buy an upgrade chip for the MD sps1 to upgrade to an sps1-UW, wasn't it??

is this still availible??
Hammer Bro
MD MKII 10th Anniversary Edition
Monomachine MKII
Facebook Page
to the above post:

it is no longer available.

sorry.

peace
CR9
Goomba
Would be so awsome, if the ENS-machines on the mono could be played like a 3-voice poly-synth.
Or if there would just be an option to limit the used voices in poly-mode so that you can use single machines for the other slots...!
MAZ
Boo
Smoof wrote:
the thing with the oscillator is already on MD, just hold function while loading the machine ! then it will only load the synth parameters...
THAT'S GREAT...SO WE JUST NEED A BETTER MANUAL. ISN'IT?
In Monomachine, when using the midi sequencer, it would be awesome if you could sequence chords using the same method as in the ensemble machines. The way suits at least me very well since I can quickly try some weirdo chords, in any key, that I wouldn't be able to visualize by playing a keyboard.
Admin
tIB wrote:
HA! It works on the mono too... hold function when you load the new machine in edit and the params stay the same....

Thanks smoof!

yeah, this is pretty great. have wanted this on many occasions.

nice find
Go to top Post Reply