As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Cookies...
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
Cookies... 18 Years, 4 Months ago
They only last until I close Firefox and it's annoying to have to log on every time I'm in here. I wind up forgetting and so I write my post as "Friend".

Any chance you'll fix this? Also it would be nice to see which forum I'm posting in when I preview the post.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Re: Cookies... 18 Years, 4 Months ago
Interesting. I have applied a patch to the source which causes cookies to persist after the browser has been closed. It has worked for me for almost 10 months. Perhaps it's not working for someone else? Please let me know!

We are at the tail end of a major site revision wherein the forum is getting deeply streamlined. Let me implement the changes I have on my plate and launch the new site. Then, we can accept feature requests. I am happy to make additional modifications to the source, but I need to get out from under the current workload.

/Scott
Boo
MD-UW - SFX-6 - SidStation
batni.tumblr.com
Cool, I've been wondering what happened to the new site plans. I'll wait until then with any suggestions. Wanna tell me when it'll launch?
Admin
scottkellogg.com
Heh, ASAP, but I don't know how long that will be. The forum has a zillion little fiddly bits I need to track down and disable.
Hammer Bro
here's a datapoint...cookies work ok for me on mac os x firefox v 1.0 preview release here at work, but don't work at home on firefox PC (forgot exact version, but not the latest one)...
Admin
scottkellogg.com
That's odd. Would you mind checking the version? Cookies work fine for me with Safari 2 and FF 1.0.7.
Killer Beez
cookies have been working for me as well under safari.
Boo
My latest album: 3/5 Q Magazine, 4/5 Aversion.com, buy it here!
Working for me: Firefox 1.5, OSX.
Hammer Bro
oops, I'm running 1.0 at home on the pc...looks like I may be out of date...I hate upgrading crap....
Cappy
working. at work with ff 1.5@linux and at home with ff1.0.7@linux and 1.5@win...

edit: buggy m@ail-regex
Go to top Post Reply