As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:i love this forum (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:i love this forum
Admin
i love this forum 15 Years ago
admittedly i had way too much coffee today. but...

i think this was the longest marathon EU forum day i've had yet. i spent pretty much ALL DAY at work on the forum and it was awsome! i'm home now and still tweaking... to the studio really soon though.

i even spent some time singing its praises to my co-workers - all of whom are good musicians and few whom are gearheads - so it wasn't that out of context.

i really love this community and the site and can't show enough gratitude for everyone who has helped me here and those that make this place run.

i've even kept myself up at night from time to time thinking of how fking amazing a north america elektron-users bash would be. !

it would take some serious planning and volunteer efforts and resources but partying, dancing and jamming with a bunch of the folks in this community would kick ass.

anyone? especially like a new year's eve elektron N. america bash!

maybe it's the coffee or something.

just throwing it out there.
  The topic has been locked.
GYS
Game & Watch
Do dumb shit with glow sticks.
www.soundcloud.com/gys
www.virb.com/gys
Re:i love this forum 15 Years ago
Yeah, I agree that this community is top notch. I joined up initially just to get some feedback on the UW...I usually join a user community for a while whenever I get a new piece of gear to find out some tips and tricks...then I bail.

This one is different though. Tons of talented musicians who certainly know their equipment, and more importantly, people that actually take the time to thoroughly provide input into topics.

I'll be hanging out here for a long time! Seriously the best forum I've been a part of.

I wouldn't mind having a elektron users t-shirt, or if there's enough interest, getting a compilation together of user material that's predominately Elektron-based.

We actually pulled this off on a forum I used to moderate:
http://www.discogs.com/Various-313techknow-The-Compilation/release/307119

Everyone submitted tracks, and the most popular got the go ahead. We also had a contest for the sleeve design. Heck we even had a member volunteer to master the whole thing.
Admin
have you checked out the 45 tribute?

not exactly the same thing, but kind of. lots of forum members.

a new one would be cool though...
Admin
Thx Kirlian & Gys, i love this place too. when i joined way back, i was just looking for info on the Monomachine. slowly i found myself spending more and more time reading and posting, and even developing some relationships outside of E-U forum.

i have met so many great people here, great tips, thoughtful discussions, and the ability to be able to agree to disagree - a rare forum quality.

as for E-U shirts and a new compilation, i think both are great ideas and need to happen, and both WILL happen. it's a matter of time. the timing for any clothing is looking more like summer.
Chain Chomp
Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MkII
Monomachine SFX-60+ MkII
Roland Gear
------------------------------------
www.syn303.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/syn303
I agree with actuel, but could we have less backslapping please, makes for a much nicer atmosphere on this forum, yes the backslapping on E-U is very noticable, in fact you can't
help but fail to see it, really... it's a bit of a turnoff people. In Scotland we call it being in
"cahoots" or "croniism"
Admin
only because i'm curious as to how others see this site, how do you see the 'backslapping' working around here? never heard that term before, unless referring to when you hit someone with the back of your hand, ie bitch slap.

though impossible, i want everyone to feel welcome regardless of differing opinions.
Admin
Syn303 wrote:
I agree with actuel, but could we have less backslapping please, makes for a much nicer atmosphere on this forum, yes the backslapping on E-U is very noticable, in fact you can't
help but fail to see it, really... it's a bit of a turnoff people. In Scotland we call it being in
"cahoots" or "croniism"

Syn, please keep the positive comments coming! They're really awesomely constructive and contributive to this site! You're such a fantastic guy!

More backslapping please!
Admin
Nils wrote:
Syn303 wrote:
"cahoots" or "croniism"

Syn, please keep the positive comments coming! They're really awesomely constructive and contributive to this site! You're such a fantastic guy!

More backslapping please!

this made my afternoon.
Am I the only one trying to figure out if backslapping is good or bad here?
Admin
i think maybe what syn303 means is self-congratulatory?
Go to top Post Reply