As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music dtr's liveset v0.2 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: dtr's liveset v0.2
Yoshi
dtr's liveset v0.2 18 Years, 7 Months ago
still working on that liveset! here's a taste for you guys:
http://www.bk.tudelft.nl/users/vandoren/internet/dtr/dtr-MD_live_05-02.mp3 (20min, 25M

it's got a few very bad mistakes but just listen to something else when those happen, mkay?

it's sampled MD loops played in Live. a few effects added in Live (delay, reverb, filter) but mostly straight-up MD (classic, no UW), no other instruments/samples used.

comments?

divi aka dtr
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re: dtr's liveset v0.2 18 Years, 7 Months ago
Hey,

I like the sounds. Especially at about 10 mins in then again at around 16 minutes. Good stuff... Its a good start. It sounds more like a single long track then an entire Live Set. Mix it up a bit. It needs 'more'.

Why are you using Live with loops of the MD? Why not just use the MachineDrum? You'll have much more control of the individual sounds...

-m
Yoshi
Re: dtr's liveset v0.2 18 Years, 7 Months ago

astronout wrote:
Hey,

I like the sounds. Especially at about 10 mins in then again at around 16 minutes. Good stuff... Its a good start. It sounds more like a single long track then an entire Live Set. Mix it up a bit. It needs 'more'.

Why are you using Live with loops of the MD? Why not just use the MachineDrum? You'll have much more control of the individual sounds...

-m

thanks.
i use Live 'cause i find it easier to 'mix it up' like you say and to add effects. at first i started working on the set with just my MD but then i turned to Live because it gives me more flexibility (ie. mixing the kick of pattern x with the snare of pattern y) and it's easier to create fluid transitions. maybe when i'm more experienced at playing live i'll do it just with the MD.
aom
Cappy
Re: dtr 18 Years, 7 Months ago
I like where this is going!

Since I have a pretty minimal setup, I've been trying to get the most mileage out of my MD. Been thinking of incorporating Live so I can mix up tracks . . .

How do you find the trade off between arrangement flexibility and lack of machine (sound) tweaking?
Yoshi

aom wrote:
I like where this is going!

Since I have a pretty minimal setup, I've been trying to get the most mileage out of my MD. Been thinking of incorporating Live so I can mix up tracks . . .

How do you find the trade off between arrangement flexibility and lack of machine (sound) tweaking?

thanks!

the trade off is accceptable to me. i was really getting stuck with the transitions on the MD. in Live it's a breeze. what i loose in parameter manipulation i win in mixing and routing flexibility, and effect possibilities. i use Live with my band too so it was pretty natural for me to use it for this too.
Killer Beez
I thought this was good - however, I think that you can easily make this same music without Live or the computer. Give it up for hardware!!!
Yoshi

milkmansnd wrote:
I thought this was good - however, I think that you can easily make this same music without Live or the computer. Give it up for hardware!!!

sure i could, but for now i find it waaaaaay easier wit Live
Killer Beez
sure its easier, but the challenges hardware present, to me at least, make the music even more dynamic and exciting to produce and perform. Not that everyone has to do it my way, but I think its always worth giving all hardware a shot - especially if you have a machinedrum!
Yoshi
i think it really depends on what your approach when going live is. what you want to be able to do while palying, etc. Here is one example of a thing the MD's seqeuncer doesn't allow for (enough): i want to be able to make a smooth transition from any theme/track in my set to any other. that means i want to keep elements of the 1st theme playing while mixing in elements of the 2nd. so ie. kick of theme 1 with snare of theme 2, etc. Now if i wanted to do that with my MD i would have to make 'transition' patterns and kits. that would work if i had a fixed order in my set but i want to have freedom of choice > enter Live...

if you have recommendations on how to achieve that on the MD: please tell me!
Admin
OT, MD-UW Mk2, SFX-60 Mk2, SFX-6
scottkellogg.com
Sure, buy another one!
Go to top Post Reply