As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:MD snares and claps recipes (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:MD snares and claps recipes
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
MD snares and claps recipes 15 Years, 5 Months ago
Hi everyone!

Let's talk about snares and claps.

I am thinking of some specific questions, but if you have anything you wanna contribute, I won't consider it off topic as long as its snappy and clappy.

1) Anyone got any recipes for a good 909 style snare??

2) How about those triple trigger/flam minimal style claps?

3) Snare/clap placement... anyone tried swinging the kicks back so that the flammy stuff comes in early?

I would love to hear what you guys have to say and what you do to get those types of sounds... anything MD related applies... I refuse to use anything else for percussion these days.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:MD snares and claps recipes 15 Years, 5 Months ago
EFM-CP for those minimal flam claps
E12-BR (with the RE or something turned the other way) that's the single closest 909-snare I've come close to

My absolute favorite snare is the EFM-RS with all the Rimshot parameters turned down, but the snare-noise/sound (which is in the RS) turned a little bit up.
It's very CR-68/78, that kind of transistor snaresound.

use the claps with the delay for some "offbeat" triplet stuff..
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
ps. if you want more control over the E12-BR just layer it with some white noise or something, to get that extra extra
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Wow sick, thanks.

I will try those. Love this machine and love this forum!
Game & Watch
Nice one cheers for the tips.
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Ok, so its only fitting that I report back with my own findings as well.

Yesterday I started working on a track and achieved tremendous results using about 56% swing and moving the last 3 kicks on a 4/4 back. I then layered 2 claps similar to those suggested here overtop of one another, swinging the 5 step and the 9 step on one, and not on the other. Flam splat minimal slappy radness!!!

LOVE the MD.

Keep 'em comin!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
victorjohn wrote:
Ok, so its only fitting that I report back with my own findings as well.

Yesterday I started working on a track and achieved tremendous results using about 56% swing and moving the last 3 kicks on a 4/4 back. I then layered 2 claps similar to those suggested here overtop of one another, swinging the 5 step and the 9 step on one, and not on the other. Flam splat minimal slappy radness!!!

LOVE the MD.

Keep 'em comin!

yeah,
post the results!
Goomba
Re:MD snares and claps recipes...909 snare..in particular 15 Years, 5 Months ago
I've personally had two machinedrums and one uw I've spent countless hours with this this thing,and well here it goes.... for older tr-xox snares the trx snare is great i've pulled 606, dr-55, cr-8000,dr-110 and cr-78 snares with ease the trick patience and a keen ear, I usually have a sample of said snare and then an audio example of its dynamics as it plays it its original state...the true trick small adjustments ...eq, fillter, etc.......alrighty then now on to the 909
snare this formula here is the closest i've come to a true emulation of this most powerful snare. to get a super 909 snare with this formula double it trigger them together, and us some accent...

909-snare: efm-snare
ptch-o
dec-61
nois-63
ndec-64

mod-63
mfrq-63
mdec-23
hpf-0

you can filter and eq as you desire..me i dont you any..now to the lfo's
lfo-param-ndec
shpl-sawtooth
trig-speed-15
depth-127
alright so there you have it...for a good 707 snare thats not a sample use th same formula as for the 909 but instead set the inital...
tr-707-efm snare:
dec-47
and for the lfo's set the...
trig-speed-33
also make sure your lfo's are set to trig....on both formulas

as for the 909 clap the best results i've achieved have also been with the efm-clap..experiment with eq-filtering and lfo triggered decays to get the best results...I hope you find this usefull...as for myself I rarely ever have to use samples of another drummachines snares or anything else for that matter.the machine drum is truely a deep machine...use patience and your ears and I promise you'll have great results.. Damon1
Re:MD snares and claps recipes...909 snare..in particular 15 Years, 5 Months ago
i love heavy distortion and gated reverb for snares and claps.
Game & Watch
hageir wrote:
EFM-CP for those minimal flam claps
E12-BR (with the RE or something turned the other way) that's the single closest 909-snare I've come close to

My new fave snare, I had never really bothered with the E12-BR... >

Damon1,

I'll give those claps you've suggested a go when i get in.
Go to top Post Reply