As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:New Science Labs request! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Science Labs request!
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 9 Months ago
how about the person physically the furtherest away from you?

set in lat and long

nah just joking, though it sounds good on paper.
  The topic has been locked.
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
So what's the verdict, y'all?
GUILTY!
Admin

the verdict is that many people have many ideas, but the one constant theme appears to be collaboration. i will review the thread and craft some new labs in the coming days.

disclaimer: not everyone is going to get what they want.

tentatively, it looks to be: collaborative pairs, randomly picked (sorry glitched)...

i need to figure out the restrictions per machine. feel free to solicit your thoughts.
Suppose you keep it simple and make "all-elektron" the restriction. I'm looking forward to finding a partner to work with and throwing pure Elektron ideas ideas back and forth. Hoping to maybe work in a style that is out of my comfort zone.
Admin
Allerian wrote:
Suppose you keep it simple and make "all-elektron" the restriction.

but this causes the issue of folks having different machines. ideally, by pairing people on the same machine, per category, the teams can pass Sysex's and keep it in the Elektron realm. if we keep it "all-elektron" it cause presumably cause miss matches and then you get into, "i tracked this in Ableton Live from my Sid, add something to it...". which i'd really like to stray away from.

part of the Science Labs has always been to put limits on the users in the hope they will further their learning of that particular restriction. the restrictions i'm imagining are simple:

• Random Pairs based on machine category - So ambitious folks with multiple machines can enter multiple collaborations categories.

• Elektron gear only - pairs can share via sysex and required to upload the final audio file and sysex

• and some date deadline

We've always pushed the Sysex element in the Labs. Uploading the sysex is a great way for others to learn and check what others are doing.

This still leaves the collaborative field wide open. We can add other restrictions if you guys think they're necessary. I don't want to limit people. It seems the point of this Lab is less about focusing on a particular element within each machine, and more about working with others. Should be a hoot!
Admin
tIB was here
sounds good, im in (providing i can nick a laptop to download the sysex onto and my pair doesnt mind doing the final recording!)
Game & Watch
Not sure if this idea has already been raised..

But what if one of the pair makes a kit and the other makes the patterns/song and doesn't edit the kit at all, except with p-locks.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
ipassenger wrote:

But what if one of the pair makes a kit and the other makes the patterns/song and doesn't edit the kit at all, except with p-locks.

this is awesome.
DIBBS ON MAKING KITS!
Game & Watch
hageir wrote:
ipassenger wrote:

this is awesome.
DIBBS ON MAKING KITS!

Ta,

Suppose, either way requires you to relinquish a quite obscene amount of control.

Yr partner might make a god awful kit or you might spend ages making cracking drums for and then they come along and make something completely naff.... Ooh.... scary..
Go to top Post Reply