As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:New Science Labs request! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Science Labs request!
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
What about assigning teams of two and give each member only one machine to use (ie ~ one composer is only allowed to use the TRX kick, the other the GND sine)? It would be really interesting to see what 2 different minds could do with only 2 machines.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Actuel: Stick with "machine" restrictions only.

KAS: I think that was what i tried to write in my post about teams of two. But i might not have made myself clear.
Chain Chomp
hageir wrote:
Array wrote:
"it came from the 80's!"

YES.
this, I want!

*edit*
if we decide on teams, would you like to my partner Array?
Seems like we're the only 80's fanatics in here!

Heya, I'd definately be interested, but I'm not sure how much free time I'll have in the coming weeks. Crazy time at work and all

How would you feel about Cybotron meets Elektron though?
King Koopa
not sure if it would work, but we could do regions too...like partnering up between two people within 50 miles of each other or something...could have a sweet realtime global map of submissions...too bad I suck at teh java
Cappy
what about making the teams of two but making them up randomly (names drawn from a hat)?
Admin
it's my thinking it should be random as well.
King Koopa
actuel wrote:
it's my thinking it should be random as well.

more fun and fair that way.
When you speak of teaming up, do you mean on one track or a pair of tracks (one for each person on the team)?
I don't know how well this would work, stylistically, if we were working on one track. Styles vary widely on this board and they may not mesh.
Admin
from what i can tell others want, is a one track collaborative affair. folks collaborating to compile one finished track.

indeed, may or may not work.

again, i'm open to other ideas. my original thought was collaborative but a little different conceptually, but teams collaborating is cool too. at some point we need to just decide something and do it. we can deliberate and possibilities forever. important to remember we can do another set of Labs after this one.
How about this: if you know already know someone on the board and want to collaborate with that person, that can be your teammate; if not, you will be randomly assigned a teammate.

What do you think?
Go to top Post Reply