As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Science Labs Re:New Science Labs request! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:New Science Labs request!
Admin
Re:New Science Labs request! 15 Years, 8 Months ago
so i've had a little time to think about this...

i think if we could have two teams and each team has subcategory labs. as such:

UW (sample focused)
MD
MnM
MnM MKII (waveform focused)

each team will need to have members fulfill each category. there can be multiple entries in a select category per team. so for example, you could have 5 UW entries per team, etc. this would all depend upon how many people wanted to do this.

that brings up the next bit of business, in order for this to work team need to be even. so up front we need to have everyone who is interested say so. folks could come in late but only if in pairs. so to keep the teams even.

an example of how this might look:

Red Team>
UW: artist name - track name - votes = 4
UW: artist name - track name - votes = 3
UW: artist name - track name - votes = 1
UW: artist name - track name - votes = 6
TOTAL: 14

MD: artist name - track name - votes = 2
MD: artist name - track name - votes = 6
MD: artist name - track name - votes = 3
TOTAL: 11

etc. and then the other team would have there members totals and each category would go head-to-head, and then the grand total takes all.

haven't figured out how we would choose teams yet. a randomizer would be nice. key though is that we wrangle up the willing from the beginning. again, late entrants could come-in but they'd have to be in pairs.

so that's my quick take on how this could work. let me know what you guys/gals think.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Array wrote:
ambient tracks please

or, "it came from the 80's!"

nice thing about the open-ended Labs is you can say, use only FM DYN machines and one effect and you could get everything from hiphop to ambient, and some other weird stuff in-between.
Chain Chomp
Not shure how this team idea of yours is going to work. Is your idea that every team member makes his own individual patterns/songs, and add up the votes to find the "winning" team?

What about making two person teams. And they have to make three tracks each. (Mnm example) And each member can only use one machine. And maybe one effect.

Example:
Team 1:
Member 1 - Track 1 = SID, Track 2 = SID, Track 3 = Effect/Sid
Member 2 - Track 4 = DDRW, Track 5 = DDRW, Track 6 Effect/DDRAW

Gotta send some sysex patterns back and fourth between the members. The team decides who records/arranges the song. Cooperating with new people can be a good way of learning new stuff.
Hammer Bro
i was thinking of a team game which, a character begin and compose 4 track in a pattern (2 for the monomachine). Then the next one do the same thing, etc ...
when the pattern is full, each character make a variation of this pattern, and after we made a song, the first one who have made the 4 track made the intro in song mode, only using his pattern, the second continue ...

maybe, have to choose music genres before the composing, and arrange team with that,
a member could be not restricted to one team work.

(each member can choose a sample or a waveform for the kit)
Hero of Winds
Just to say I'd be up for anything MD Mk1 based.
Admin
No time on my hands, so I'm not in this time..
Admin
Thomas wrote:
Not shure how this team idea of yours is going to work. Is your idea that every team member makes his own individual patterns/songs, and add up the votes to find the "winning" team?

that was my orginal thinking. essentially it's a regular Science Lab, each member doing their own thing, but each member being assigned to one of two teams, the team with the most votes wins. my example above was just showing categorically how it could work.

i'm open to whatever. the key is to get you guys involved and excited.
Cappy
well i'm up for it.
i'm not sure how your voting system works, minor details
you could split the teams by synth type or you could do it by parts (bass, beat, lead, fx)?
so many options!
I had pictured teams collaborating - rather than an overall competition.
Admin
Allerian wrote:
I had pictured teams collaborating - rather than an overall competition.

this could work too. all good ideas. mine was just one way of doing it. it seems like everyone is imagining a different thing.

as an admin i'm always looking for the easiest and lowest time investment on my part seriously, i'm happy to accommodate whatever you guys want. my only requirement is that it's simple and isn't so exclusive that it detours folks from entering.

hope some more ideas are out there...hello?
Go to top Post Reply