As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List
King Koopa
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 4 Months ago
Tarekith wrote:
Did they remove the ability to use LFO's on CTR-AL tracks? Could have sworn I'd done that before.
yeah it's gone!

i was trying to downgrade to 1.50, but it gave an error.

soo... how to downgrade? via Function+power on -> 'midi upgrade'? that wont work, it immediatly gives an error and says i need to power off and try again .

besides before i upgraded it was said that it's possible to downgrade to 1.50

what is the right procedure?
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
AAHR! lost all kits and patterns again while trying to downgrade!

but seriously, the only thing i want back right now is OS 1.50!

if someone could help me-out or give me the bad news you simply cannot downgrade OS 1.52b!

i've searched on google and this forum but i cant find anything about downgrading!

sorry to bother guys, but im a bit frustraded right now.
Admin
Have you tried emailing Elektron support?
King Koopa
i am writing one right now.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Downgrading SHOULD just be a matter of sending the new OS to the MD while in midi OS receive mode, what sort of issue are you having? There was nothing in the new readme that came with 1.52b that warned against downgrading, so I'm not sure why you're having issues. did you try another USB cable and/or midi cables?
Hammer Bro
MnM mkII // MD mkII // Tb-303
why would elektron eliminate lfo's from the crt-al tracks, that makes no sense...
King Koopa
no did not tried other cables yet, and i believe it would not make sense, cause updating went smooth and tranferring samples too. never had any issues. so i really dont think it is the cables causing troubles

immediatly after pressing Send in C6, my machinedrum says: update failed, switch off and try again. and no issues with sending/receiving samples or normal sysex data.

thats why its so strange!

in my mail to elektron support i mentioned both LFO bugs, i am curious what they have to say
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Try using MIDIOx (Windows) or Sysex Manager (OSX) to send the update, see if that works. Both are free.
Yoshi
MDUW MKII + MnM MKII + OT DPS-1
http://soundcloud.com/earsmack
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 3 Months ago
REPOST FROM ORIGINAL THREAD TO DOCUMENT HERE:

As I was playing through some songs I programmed in the last firmware version (and now have upgraded to 1.52b) I noticed that END is ignored.

For example, in 2 songs I have the last step being a 2 beat section of a pattern. (ie: a kick/crash to end the tune). In the previous firmware this worked fine. In 1.52b it plays this last step repeatedly and ignored the END. The UI makes it LOOK like the song stops - END is quickly scrolled into view and then the song scrolls back to the top but alas the last pattern (2 beats in this case) plays continually. Manually pressing the STOP button stops the insanity.

Anyone else seen this? I have two songs that exhibit this issue.

In looking at a third song - it also seems to disable mutes when it goes ape. For example, this particular song, the last step is a 5x repeat of the first 2 beats of pattern G03 with mutes. A kick/crash. The kick/crash plays 5 times as expected (with the programmed mutes) but then instead of paying attention to the END of the song the MD plays pattern G03 forever and ever with all mutes DISABLED (ie: nothing muted)

OK - I just created a brand new song and can reproduce the behavior.

Create a song with 1 step. Pick any pattern. Mute something in the pattern. REP and OF and LN don't seem to impact this issue. Play the song. Note that the pattern will play with mutes but then will play again (forever) with all mutes disabled once the "END" of song is reached.

The temp work-around seems to be to put an empty pattern at the end of the song - at least this shuts the machine up.
Goomba
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 3 Months ago
Hello folks,
I'got some really serious tempo-problems on the MnM since I've updated to OS 1.21

Link to my original thread

I hope Elektron will fix it soon becuz I think I'm not the only one with this problem.
Go to top Post Reply