As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List
Chain Chomp
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 4 Months ago
nljdj wrote:
22tape wrote:
MDUW MKII-- 1.52

using a rom machine. place a note a note trigger anywhere in a pattern. play. it'll play fine. add another note trigger within the same pattern. p-lock any parameter of the second note trigger. play. MD will ignore the p-lock and just play the sample without change.

or, same scenario except--

add the second note triggger and give it a p-lock. play. the MD will play the p-lock for the second note trigger but that same p-lock will register for any other note triggers that you have in the same pattern.

so, the MD will not recognize a p-lock for a note, or it will recognize it and apply the same p-lock to all notes in the pattern.

VERY VERY frustrating.

you should email elektron with that one.

thanks, i've done just that
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
swiv wrote:
22tape wrote:
... so, the MD will not recognize a p-lock for a note, or it will recognize it and apply the same p-lock to all notes in the pattern.

Does this happen after hitting stop? I find that occasionally if I stop the sequencer and start it again, it will "keep" the p-lock parameters for a track from when I hit stop, until it reaches another p-locked trig. That has happened for me since 1.5 (when my MD was new.) It's as though occasionally when hitting stop, the MD skips trashing the p-lock memory / resetting the machines values (well however this thing works.)

unfortunately, hitting stop doesn't fix it. sometimes rebooting the MD solves it-- but only for the problematic p-lock. if i p-lock a new note, the same problem happens
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
hageir wrote:
Tantacle wrote:
bugs after updating MD UW MKII to 1.52 OS:

changed GLOBALS settings to accept external clock and control. This change didn't "take"- the screen said it was listening to external, but the MD wasn't reacting to the start of my external sequencer.
-J

Also, in the sample manager, it doesnt say % it only says 30 used (It used to be 30% before)
Where's the % mark?!
Not that it matters, but it's something that was lost during the update? like the external clock?

I had issues with the external clock in my new MKII MD too, at first it was just not recognizing the midi clock at all. In my case I think it was a TM-1 issue though, as unplugging and plugging it back in a few times finally seemed to work.

The missing "%" in the sample manager threw me off too, I was thinking it looked odd.
King Koopa
makko wrote:
i just upgraded to 1.52b

and i think i found an LFO bug?

When you assign an LFO to another track, you cant use the EXP iEXP waveforms anymore.

could somebody confirm please?
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Tarekith wrote:
hageir wrote:
Tantacle wrote:
bugs after updating MD UW MKII to 1.52 OS:

changed GLOBALS settings to accept external clock and control. This change didn't "take"- the screen said it was listening to external, but the MD wasn't reacting to the start of my external sequencer.
-J

Also, in the sample manager, it doesnt say % it only says 30 used (It used to be 30% before)
Where's the % mark?!
Not that it matters, but it's something that was lost during the update? like the external clock?

I had issues with the external clock in my new MKII MD too, at first it was just not recognizing the midi clock at all. In my case I think it was a TM-1 issue though, as unplugging and plugging it back in a few times finally seemed to work.

The missing "%" in the sample manager threw me off too, I was thinking it looked odd.

Yeah!
BRING BACK THE % TO THE PEOPLE, IT'S OURS!!!

makko wrote:
makko wrote:
i just upgraded to 1.52b

and i think i found an LFO bug?

When you assign an LFO to another track, you cant use the EXP iEXP waveforms anymore.

could somebody confirm please?

are they set to trig and really fast?
are you sure you're just not hearing them?
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Did they remove the ability to use LFO's on CTR-AL tracks? Could have sworn I'd done that before. Whats odd is that you can control a CTR-AL track via LFO on a second track.
King Koopa
and if you use the EXP / iEXP LFO waveforms on the second track, does it still work?

@Hageir, they are set to Trig, but i even tried hold and free, no result. And of course i tweaked de speed knob, still no effect.

If i use LFO 1 on track1 everything works fine! but when i set LFO 2 to track1, the EXP/iEXP waveforms won't affect any parameter.

so I'm pretty shure im not just not hearing them
All the other waveforms work fine tho

and tarekith, i will try the LFO on CTR-AL tracks tomorrow on my machine, im curious.
these things sucks!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Song Mode doesn't stop at the end, it just starts playing the previously selected pattern!
It's really annoying!
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
hageir wrote:
Song Mode doesn't stop at the end, it just starts playing the previously selected pattern!
It's really annoying!

WOW yer right!!!! Arg, I was just about to record a song too. Dammit hahaha.

Wonder if I should go backwards to 1.52 for the time being.
King Koopa
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD 'Bug' List 15 Years, 3 Months ago
Will you folks please email these bugs to elektron so they can get fixed soon ? It sounds as if i picked a bad time to finally upgrade. I waited a little while to see if anything came up, then RIGHT after i upgraded firmware, i start hearing about all the bugs! It seems so common and frustrating with various products that everytime one thing is fixed, another is broken...
Thanks.
Go to top Post Reply