As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox DigiPro Waves (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: DigiPro Waves
Killer Beez
DigiPro Waves 16 Years ago
Ever wondered how the each individual DigiPro wave looks like? Wonder no more! Here's your change to find out:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=30&gid=22&orderby=dmdate_published

All waves from 01 to 32 pictured here. Of course the look of the waveform doesn't tell how each wave sound, one should have fft-analysis of overtone-series for that. Nevertheless some may find waveform-images easier to learn the charactheristic of each waveform. File is also designed so that you can print it (300dpi), and it will fit to A4 (stick it to your wall).
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:DigiPro Waves 16 Years ago
Toni wrote:
Ever wondered how the each individual DigiPro wave looks like? Wonder no more! Here's your change to find out:

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&Itemid=30&gid=22&orderby=dmdate_published

All waves from 01 to 32 pictured here. Of course the look of the waveform doesn't tell how each wave sound, one should have fft-analysis of overtone-series for that. Nevertheless some may find waveform-images easier to learn the charactheristic of each waveform. File is also designed so that you can print it (300dpi), and it will fit to A4 (stick it to your wall).

absolutely wonderful contribution toni! wow, i can't tell you how much things like this make my day.

cheers!

Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
much thanks

Those are some crunchy-ass waves! Not one of them smooth. I guess that's part of the magic of the MnM and why it sounds so different from other wavetable synths (or rather synths with wavetables: the Evo, Q, Blofeld, etc.)
Admin
Perfect Toni, thanks a lot!
Hero of Winds
Whoa! Cool waves! I need a MnM!!!!!!
Killer Beez
actuel wrote:

absolutely wonderful contribution toni! wow, i can't tell you how much things like this make my day.

No problem. Actually I was very interested to see myself, which kind of waveforms were chosen. From the graph you find some sort of thinking behind the design. For example waves 12 & 13 are clearly ment to be used together with the WavePhase parameter (wave13 provides a same version of the wave12, but a with the extra overtone-series). Visually my favourite is wave18, but aurally the wave32 just beats everything else, it's so warmy square-thing.
Game & Watch
That has not helped one bit in quenching my lust for a MnM!!

Those are some funky waveforms.
Admin
Toni wrote:
, but aurally the wave32 just beats everything else, it's so warmy square-thing.

that's funny you mention that. 32 is one of my go to DigiPro waves. i use it on almost on every on of my kits. i am hoping to create more like it when the waveforms for mkii's are opened up.

Last Edit: 2008/04/08 22:24
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
I haven't messed around with the DigiPro machines enough..
But this def. helps out!

18 is my favorite by looks

anybody know where those waveforms are from?
might be a few "real" ones from vintage synths, right?
Go to top Post Reply