As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox UW Ram machine experiment (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: UW Ram machine experiment
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
UW Ram machine experiment 16 Years ago
Hello.

This is my first sandbox entry.

I have made a reording to show all of you wondering about the UW, is it the way to go. It seems to be a returning Q on this site.

I recorded the MDUW direct into my macbook, no nothing inbetween. Plugged an acoustic guitar to Inp A, made a kit with R1 + R2 both recording Inp A. I set up the rest of the kit with P1 on all emty tracks, except one track, where I put P2. Then, I just recorded some steps in the pattern for the P1 and P2 machines.

Recorded some guitar from time to time during the recording by pressing the R1 or R2 (didn't set any steps for them), and did some tweaking along the way..

As with most free-improvised music it became a bit long , but it has a flow (at least I think it does ) and shows that you have endless possibilities with the UW-part of this machine.

This is a first take, first try, cut away a place where it became silent..kind of became two parts..

File can be found here for interested people:
Http://peroddvar.no/akousticMDUW_part1_2.mp3
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/03/27 04:35
Hero of Winds
Re:UW Ram machine experiment 16 Years ago
Cool!
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
Nice man - really nice to hear some UW experimentation with acoustics. Shoe gazer MDUW here we come!
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
orwell wrote:
Nice man - really nice to hear some UW experimentation with acoustics. Shoe gazer MDUW here we come!

Yes, I just noticed that I have some nice shoes
Cappy
Some nice stuff !

What I love to do with ram is trig R1 while P1 is playing. Depending on when you start the recording, you can get some wild things, "melodic" larsens etc.
Add a pitch lfo to P1, trig both machines at the same time, you'll have freakin' delays.
Admin
soon, i will have a life again and am stoked to check this one out.
Go to top Post Reply