As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case?
Boo
Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 2 Months ago
i have pelican case for MD. however since that i had'nt play any live...

if you mostly performing just on MD (or MNM) pelican case is ok, but still very expensive (in Latvia it costs about 200 EUR if i remember correctly)

if you performing also lot of other stuff - guitars, kaos pads, handsonic, nord modulars, lemurs etc - i hope there is some other way (not so expensive) how to carry things around.

p.s.
once i hat this idea - a pelican case for my SFX 6. one what fits for SFX 6 costs more than SFX 6 and is targeted to carry weapons...
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
ural wrote:
i have pelican case for MD. however since that i had'nt play any live...

if you mostly performing just on MD (or MNM) pelican case is ok, but still very expensive (in Latvia it costs about 200 EUR if i remember correctly)

if you performing also lot of other stuff - guitars, kaos pads, handsonic, nord modulars, lemurs etc - i hope there is some other way (not so expensive) how to carry things around.

p.s.
once i hat this idea - a pelican case for my SFX 6. one what fits for SFX 6 costs more than SFX 6 and is targeted to carry weapons...

I was thinking about buying from an online retailer, it's like $90 for a 1500 case, maybe I'll just take two?

anyways, that's an awesome idea for the sfx-6
when you arrive at gigs people think that you have a bazooka or an automatic assualt rifle or something
hahaha
then you open it and play awesome stabs and tunes!
and they're literally blown away
Boo
taste sensation
@ narobi--the 1520 is not deep enough for both a Machinedrum and a Monomachine on top of each other, though it's deep enough to make slots for your nicely-wound audio cables to fit vertically!

I did see some discussion of using a rifle case for the SFX-6, but I forget if it was on here or the Yahoo group list-serve. I do recall some impressive pics, though!
Game & Watch
congrats BUMP!

I´m about to make an aluminum case for the MnM and MD UW (both classics)...with power supplies place, ligth, removable front and a side patchbay...kind of elektronstation for studio and live use

PS: i´m surprised by your use of the genere on elektron machines...for me the MnM is the boy and the MDUW is the girl!

anyway I really hope that if i leave them toghether enought time, maybe i´ll get some little elektron combined device in some months!...who knows...at last they´re connected each other all the time!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
anselmi wrote:
congrats BUMP!

I´m about to make an aluminum case for the MnM and MD UW (both classics)...with power supplies place, ligth, removable front and a side patchbay...kind of elektronstation for studio and live use

PS: i´m surprised by your use of the genere on elektron machines...for me the MnM is the boy and the MDUW is the girl!

anyway I really hope that if i leave them toghether enought time, maybe i´ll get some little elektron combined device in some months!...who knows...at last they´re connected each other all the time!

well, IMHO the pelican cases are sooo good, they're shatterproof, waterproof and a ton more.. (they actually drove over one in an SUV and it didn't break!!! +they've dropped them out of helicopters and put them into the coldest waters on earth.)

anyways, hah
the sex of the elektrons for me has always been:
Mr. Machinedrum
&
Mrs. Monomachine

haha

keep us posted on your double case!!
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
I just found a nice, long case -might fit the sfx-6.. (don't know)
http://www.cases4less.com/detail_seal_tight_lc.html
Cappy
I picked up a Peli 1550 second hand for £70 of ebay. It holds my mono and machine quite nicely, i reckon if i cut the top layer of foam nicely i could get my ultralite and turbo midi on the top layer too...

Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
narobi wrote:
I picked up a Peli 1550 second hand for £70 of ebay. It holds my mono and machine quite nicely, i reckon if i cut the top layer of foam nicely i could get my ultralite and turbo midi on the top layer too...

wow, that's super!!
I'm totally getting one
thanks for the pic!
Admin
tIB was here
I have the pelican 1720 for my sfx6, its built like a tank and it fits perfectly- 80 quid minus foam on ebay.
Admin
tIB was here
While Im here has anyone travelled far with one of these?
Im moving overseas and want to take the mono with me- any ideas on how to get extra baggage allowance for my huge weapons case?!
Go to top Post Reply