As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case?
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 9 Months ago
I was just glancing over the tips & tricks manual and saw that "Case section"
and someone recommended a pelican case (model 1500)

I was just wondering, because of the Pick & Pluck foam, how well does the md/mnm sit in the case? what about all the "jacks" + seperate outs?
does it have enough space for that HUGE/Awkward ( ) powersupply? maybe the tm-1 too?

easiest way = can someone post a picture of their md/mnm in one of those cases?

also, when I was browsing the peli.com site, I noticed that you can have them make your own custom foam padding interior (water-cut or something, os it's really smooth and can do round edges, tight corners, etc.) but there has to be a minimum quantity ordered (probably 10 or something)
anyone interested in a customized elektron peli case?
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 8 Months ago
*bump*
really considering buying one..
would love a pic of a md/mnm in one.. 8-)
Kong
mr. applehead

hageir wrote:
*bump*
really considering buying one..
would love a pic of a md/mnm in one.. 8-)

hi bump,
i got a ghetto samsonite briefcase for 2euro and then i went around the next street and found some old foam mattress on the nature strip, cut that up so it all sits nice with leads attached.
its pretty because i put some stickers on it too.
if only i could afford some pluck foam that would be sweeet.
good luck wit the pelican.. are you after the rifle one for both mono and md? or just one machine>
The Pelican 1510 is well worth it. It is a carry-on approved case, but I don't have the stomach or time to explain to the TSA what a Machinedrum is, so when I travel this case goes ahead via Fedex. For a 1-2 day trip, I can fit all my clothes and personal effects as well.

Without the MD.

MD safe in place.

[Edit: Man, what gives with the image rendering here?]
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
wow thanks for the reply allie!
it's great, I'm buying one ASAP!
so yours is the 1510?
does the 1500 just fit snuggly for the md/mnm or does it have a little extra space on the side too?

ps. my name is not bump
bump means that you want the topic on top..

hageir wrote:
does the 1500 just fit snuggly for the md/mnm or does it have a little extra space on the side too?

The way I cut it There is about 1" to the left, 2" above and below, and about 5" to the right. If I recall correctly, the bottom foam is not "pick n pluck", but was simple to cut - err on the side of "snug". I considered many configurations and decided that this gave the best mix of MD protection combined with the ability to store extra gear. As you can see there is a good 6" above the MD. I put the 1" eggcrate foam facing down on the knobbage and put my other stuff on top of that.
Boo
taste sensation
Sorry, meant to reply earlier...

I don't have pics, but my MD-UW fits nicely in a 1520. Since it is deeper than necessary, I used the foam I plucked out to keep the MD lifted off the bottom, where I put some cables. And there was enough space around the MD space to pluck out spaces for the power supply and more cables. It is a bit bulky-feeling, though I feel very confident my MD won't be damaged when it's in there. I flew to Oregon with it as a carry-on with no trouble with security, though I got some odd looks from fellow passengers!
Cappy
Re: Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 4 Months ago
Does anyone know, would it be possible to get both a MD and a Mono in a Peli 1520 (on top of one another with padding inbetween)? I'm trying to find a good case as i travel loads=/
aom
Cappy
Re: Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 4 Months ago
I have the 1500, w/ the foam cut similar to the one pic posted above; however, I dont have room for p/s in it.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re: Any MD/MNM owners have a pelican case? 16 Years, 3 Months ago
narobi wrote:
Does anyone know, would it be possible to get both a MD and a Mono in a Peli 1520 (on top of one another with padding inbetween)? I'm trying to find a good case as i travel loads=/

^^^^^*bump*
2nd,
*newsflash*
I just won a girlfriend for my MD UW on the bay!!!
A classic SFX-60, she's real pretty

..and I tend to keep them both pretty and neat + the boxes will evaporate after a few more runs.

Anyways, does anybody have a case that fits both the MD+MNM?
and maybe the PSU's too?

ps.
here she is, waiting to be shipped!

aww

J/K, hehe
Go to top Post Reply