As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 16 Years ago
+one for control step.
and solo..

Also, in song mode it would be great to have the ability to set length to minus something, making it play backwards from the selected step. (Ctrl step could probably cover that function..)

And it cold be nice to be able to set step lenght in song mode to one step.
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/03/24 23:22
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Slower LFO's -> MD (Request) 16 Years ago
anselmi wrote:
hageir wrote:
MD:
Slower LFO values (maybe the 1x, 2x, etc. like on the Mono?)
The slowest (1) is too fast for me..

anyone else wanting this?
maybe a negative value on the LFO knob? to go slower?

+1 on this...

do you try the workaround of using another LFO in square wave (negative first half), triggered mode and slow speed to control de speed of your fast LFO?...it works but is a complex solution for a so simple affair

yeah I've done that..
but the it's so annyoing to run out of LFO's
Chain Chomp
I would like… .

A proper mod/control matrix like an extra screen that allowed you to assign the 8 knobs to any parameters or groups of parameters on any machine/drum part similar to the control matrix on the AN1X or morph controllers on the Nord Modualr, this would allow you to tweak the elements of the parts you want via any of the 8 knobs during a jam without having to skip through menu pages to get to each part separately.

Kits to be saved with patterns with the ability to mix and match saved user part presets as the patterns are playing. This worked incredibly well on the Polymorph where one save would not only save the sequencer parameters but also all the tweaked sounds in their own A, B, C, D, banks which you could flick though as the sequencer was running, there was also a separate bank to save even more patches. It’s a ball ache having to remember to save kits after you’ve wrote the patterns and I think they’re enough kit memories for each pattern.

A note length feature for the Mono where you would hold down where the note starts then press another step key further along to determine the note length just like on the Future Retro’s, I know you can lock the hold function but it isn’t as fluid to do.

More exotic FX on the MnM as the ones already on aren’t anything that amazing. How about a voccoder, fancy multi tap delay or comb filter/phaser?

An RPS style’ fill in’ sequencer trigger that you could assign pattern parts to the grid keys which would play instantly when pressed, the Roland MC’s and Quasimidi 309 did this very well and it add’s a little live variation to static loops.

A random patch button just to get sounds that you would never normally conceive no matter how useful or useless they are, the Waldorf Pulse gave me hours of abstract fun with this function.

A step hold feature that repeats one step continuously so you can fine tune the locks on that step without having to wait for the step to loop round again, you can kinda do this with the arppegiator in SID mode but it’s not ideal and again worked a treat on the Polymorph.

Different clock divisions for each part if poss?

Oh yeah and a better EQ on the MD as it just hasn't the tonal abilties like the one on the MnM.

Last Edit: 2008/03/25 05:27
Admin
Vader77 wrote:
I would like… .
More exotic FX on the MnM as the ones already on aren’t anything that amazing. How about a voccoder, fancy multi tap delay or comb filter/phaser?

I would like to see this as well. I suggested a full layout for a 12 band phaser earlier. A well specified phaser can give you a wealth of new sounds. I would not like to see a vocoder unless it sounded really, really good. I hate all those half assed jobs that sound thin and midrangey. The ring mod is something that has been added in the later stages of the Mono OS, maybe there are more effects to come?

A step hold feature that repeats one step continuously so you can fine tune the locks on that step without having to wait for the step to loop round again, you can kinda do this with the arppegiator in SID mode but it’s not ideal and again worked a treat on the Polymorph.

Seconded! As it is I often copy the step in question to step 1, and press play-stop-play-stop etc, but it is a pain working this way. I sometimes save the kit before I start tweaking the step, adjust the sound the way I want it (without locks), lock the parameters in question by pressing the knobs, and reload the kit. It's quicker than changing the lock value by 1, wait for the pattern to loop, change the lock value by 1, wait for the pattern to loop etc...

Another thing: The MD lets you audition a sound before actually loading it into the pattern. I want this in the Mono as well. I would like this function to be extended: In addition to "static" auditioning I would like to hear the sound *in the sequence* - press function and the sound will actually be played by the sequencer when it is running, with locks and everything. This would make it a lot easier to check if the sound actually suits your pattern.
Chain Chomp

this is a great idea. being able to change the start step would allow this also.
Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Either that or the feature that the Evolver's sequencer has which plays the particular step you're editing when you are changing parameters on it.
Goomba
If possible I’d like to have the scaling of the encoders changed from push = large parameter change to push = small parameter change. I find that I usually want large parameter changes so I’m usually pushing the encoders in. Reversing this setting may also reduce wear on the encoders. Do the rest of you find that you make larger parameter changes more often than small parameter changes? Do you think that the scaling of the encoders would work better reversed?
Chain Chomp
Andron wrote:
If possible I’d like to have the scaling of the encoders changed from push = large parameter change to push = small parameter change. I find that I usually want large parameter changes so I’m usually pushing the encoders in. Reversing this setting may also reduce wear on the encoders. Do the rest of you find that you make larger parameter changes more often than small parameter changes? Do you think that the scaling of the encoders would work better reversed?

Yeah I though that too when I first got my MnM but have grown used to it now. It kinda worked that way on the AN1X. An option to go either way couldn't be too hard in an OS update or would the Elektron service guys loose income on worn encoder repairs?
Chain Chomp
Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MkII
Monomachine SFX-60+ MkII
Roland Gear
------------------------------------
www.syn303.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/syn303
King Koopa
i´d like to see a delay parameter for the LFO´s, that would be nice!
Go to top Post Reply