As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Game & Watch
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 16 Years, 2 Months ago
and different tracks lenghts in a patten
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
I would really like to be able to link patterns and save it (like I can on my tr707), it would be great to not have to remember every link everytime, and I think it would be a great feature for live-use, since you could switch fast between pre-prepeared longer patterns..

Beside that, alot of great ideas here! Hope the Elektron spies are frequenting this thread from time o time
Boo
MD and MnM:

+1 for being able to switch songs without having to stop the sequencer.

+1 for different track lengths within a pattern (although I know that ain't gonna happen, but perhaps for future products ...)

How about a configurable 'performance mode' that you could set in the global menu, so you can select the default behaviour of the buttons (e.g. mute mode, track selection, pattern selection...), and also choose which items are displayed on the screen --- for example, I tend to run a whole set at the same BPM so I'd rather use that space for mute indicators, or displaying the full kit name of cued patterns instead of just the pattern number. I also don't need an indicator to tell me which synth page I'm on (that's clear from the parameters and the LEDs). I just think it would be cool if you could set up the screen so it displays the information you need most during a performance....
Killer Beez
Couple of things to add. I know these are somewhat difficult ones, but should still be speak out (they might affect future products).

1. Parameter locking of swing
I would be very nice to be able to parameter lock swing. Swin would could also have negative values. This way you could push or pull individual notes. Effectively this would give us possibility to break out from the grid, but still maintain easy editablesness.

2. Probabilities
I would love to see somekind of probability-stuff in the sequencer. Note-trig probability would be excellent. One option would also be to add somekind of probability-trigmode to LFOs, so that Lfo would trig envelope with the certain probability.
Killer Beez
While I'm in it, I might just add few words more

If Md or MnM should be developed in some way, I would rather see developing of sequencer rather than the sound-engine or machines (ok, MnM could use more effects and couple more SuperSaw-machines). MnMs sequencer is getting there with the arpeggiator, but it they are still very straight-forward sequencers. Ok, this is one of the most appealing feature for beginners, but as people adjust to machines, they seem to want more options from the sequencers. Backward-running, ping-pong-mode, random-mode, different track lenghts and so on. Md and MnM could have additional entry in the kit-window, where you could specify the sequencer running direction, which would be saved with the kit. Or this could be stored in the Fucntion+Scale -window. It seems that we are not going to get different track lenghts, but sequencer play modes only would be terrific idea!
Boo
totally agree that the sequencer is where there is most room for development.

here's a cool feature from the software strike: you have an extra parameter called something like 'threshold', which you can set for each step (this could be a lockable machine parameter, or an additional step attribute, like swing or accent). Then each pattern has a current 'complexity' value. Steps for which threshold > complexity don't sound. So if you crank complexity down, only the steps with low threshold sound, and you get the sparse, basic beat. As you turn up complexity, the additional 'fill-in' notes (i.e. steps with higher thresholds) start sounding. This gives you tweakable, parametric control over how full the arrangement is. Combine that with parameter locks and LFO's .... To me this is more configurable than just random events.
Boo
two little things that are rather bad design and could make my life a lot easier...and probably the life of other users aswell..

1) the mute window is way to big..i need to see the pattern info while i am in mute mode..especially when you select pattern sequences...

the overszized mute window just hides that vital display info..why do they use such a big display when they dont use it wright?
please elktron change this..cant be a big thing to make the mute window a few pixels slimmer or just lift its position a bit... having the pattern info bigger wouldnt hurt either...but however..as long it dont is hidden all the time while performing mutes...

2) The windows of the midi machines have the controler selcect knob and the controler adjust knob next to each other... that easily results in a big mess when accidenrly touching a select knob during a life performance... the select knobs should work in a locked mode..so that they only can be adjusted while function is pressed..

or..what i would find better... have the selector and adjust knobs on seperated pages...

so i have 8 knobs to turn on one page and 8 knobs to select on the other..

in ideal booth ideas would be implemented for maximum safety and performability..

I dont think that anybody sees a use in changig a controler destination on the running pattern.. or?

Last Edit: 2008/02/02 04:37
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
Regarding the Mute window, I agree it's in the way, evenin the small form. I'd love it if the display flipped contrast when mute mode was active (ie, light becomes dark and vice versa). That way you can still see everything easily, but there's no doubt you're in mute mode.
Goomba
To be able to freely assign the 8 encoders to all channels/parameters in mute mode would be great for live performaces. Beeing able to fade out multiple sounds and tweak multiple effects would be great.
Goomba
Before all excuse my english.

MD

When i make an infinite loop in a pattern of a song, and the pattern have muted tracks, if I unmute the muted tracks nothing sounds in the unmuted tracks.I want to unmute the tracks and what theres in the track sounds.Only "muted", not that theres nothing in the tracks.

And i would take my hat off if when you jump in the same looped pattern that in the previous example, the first time it is in. the mutes get initialized but when the pattern ends and makes the loop the mutes are not initialized else like i had before the loop.

My idea is to make a song with infinite loops of differents rythms, so when i go to the next pattern it sounds like it was initializated, (and when i change the mutes they sounds), and when the pattern makes the loop (all the rest of loops i want) dont initialize the mutes, only the first time i get into the looped pattern.

Its similar to the pattern mode works, but i would have like a playlist of patterns that i can jump when i want, but the first time i jump into the pattern get its mutes initilized and the rest loops dont initialize the mutes.

I thing this work method is compatible with the actual method not touching the mutes.
Dont know if i have explained.

Thanks
Go to top Post Reply