As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests
Admin
Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 16 Years, 3 Months ago
After a bizillion feature request threads all bearing different titles but covering the same subject, I felt it was time to make a official thread. So post up!

Disclaimer: There's no guarantee that Elektron will read this thread, or any of the request will be implemented by simply posting them here. Your best method for ensuring that Elektron hears your requests is to send them directly to: support@elektron.se
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/01/27 15:44
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Request 16 Years, 3 Months ago
I'm still wanting this:

1. "Master-outs machine"
A machine that only affects the outputs (unlike the ctrl-al which permanently changes the settings of each sound)

so this machine could be the "final one" like filtering everything, changing the bit rate or what ever but not changing/destroying the individual settings of each sound..

2. "Pad Quantizing"
I know, I know, some of you hate it
Anyways, an option in the global menu, to quantize the "pads" when the sequencer is playing (in the play-mode where all the parts (pads) light up seperately, ah you know!)
so you can do one hits that are quantized (also, not recorded)
catch my drift?
(those who have / had Akai MPC's know what I'm talking about = note repeat)
Probably NEVER going to happen..

3. jgb wrote:
I want a nice multiband overdrive as the final step in the audio chain of the MD.

That'd be nice, might "warm" things up (disgusting word, I know )

4. Someone mentioned a "single-shot" option for the Update parameter in the LFO section
(just to have it once, doesn't "Trigger" do that?)

Anyways, if not, yes please
Cappy
Re:Official Elektron MM & MD Feature Requests 16 Years, 3 Months ago
something i really want to have is a CTRL - group next to the CTRL-all
in that way you can do sonic destruction, laying down a clean beat...
Yoshi
http://www.myspace.com/ido3
really should upload some more recent tunes but there you go
I would like to have the pattern select to stay on rather than hold it

MnM that is.

Lots more but really

so much good stuff going on with them

sometimes you have to jump over a fence rather than someone hold a gate open
Boo
For the MNM:

- Function + something: to reload current kit; same way function + classic/ext reloads the kit in the MD.

For both:

- Ability to load one song after another during live play without stopping the machines; making song memory clear once you jump back to pattern mode so you can load another song, or something similar.

- Polish song mode and song mode play controls. Clean little glitches and improve the way to trigger and get out of songs.

- Squash all remaining bugs.
Game & Watch
MACHINEDRUM

i really like the way you can use shift+step button to random access trackts to edit in the MD...I like it much more than the wheel method

BUT in a live situation you are in MUTE mode almost all the time and if your are in this mode the shift + step key trick doesn´t works...why???

also...the MUTE indication onscreen is really awful...you can´t read some important values while it´s there...please move it to a corner or make a different MUTE mode indication

ability to sweep wavetables in MDUW, while looping each "frame" (you know, classic wavetables)

pitch in semitone intervals

that´s important or me: place SRR BEFORE filter, that way you could shape the SRR sound...at least place it before the EQ!...it´s at the end of the audio chain and it makes all sound the same when activated...

or change SRR for BIT REDUCTOR...i like it more....or just add it to the machines that have empy synthesis slots

MONOMACHINE

instant transpose via step keys or MIDI keyboard

destructive traspose as an option

target LFO to pitch more accuracy...

MD and MnM

you select an individual OUT as your ALT OUT (alternate)...when while playing you could instantly sent a track to the pre-chosen ALT OUT...as in a DJ mixer...

pattern edit bueffer PLEASE!!!...maybe as an option but I need an editing buffer instead of the actual implementation of direct memory access

possibility of save pattern mutes or not with pattern

LFO bipolar/unipolar switch
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
anselmi wrote:

that´s important or me: place SRR BEFORE filter, that way you could shape the SRR sound...at least place it before the EQ!...it´s at the end of the audio chain and it makes all sound the same when activated...

or change SRR for BIT REDUCTOR...i like it more....or just add it to the machines that have empy synthesis slots

NOW that is what I've been wondering about for AGES!!
YES PLEASE! -better yet, a little switch for the SRR machine: "Pre/Post-Filter/EQ"
This could could be switched around for the "AM" parameter (isn't it before the Filter+EQ? -I hardly use the AM anymore..)

anselmi wrote:

LFO bipolar/unipolar switch

?
Inverted LFO?
If that's what you're talking about you can use the mix parameter to switch between them
env
Goomba
a longer LFO cycle ,not only 2 bars but something like 8-16 bars.
probably not going to happen due to compatibility.

also

more LFOs. 2 or 3 per voice for a total of 32 or 48.
probably a dream

or

LFO machine with 3 LFOs in it.

Last Edit: 2008/01/27 23:27
Boo
env wrote:
a longer LFO cycle ,not only 2 bars but something like 8-16 bars.
probably not going to happen due to compatibility.

also...

more LFOs. 2 or 3 per voice for a total of 32 or 48.
probably a dream

you set long LFO speed by setting it to 0 and use a second lfo to control it´s speed. set the second to speed 1 and depth 1-4.
env
Goomba
yes, I know this trick. sometimes using parameter locks on that second LFO (not working when track is muted).
Go to top Post Reply