As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Creating Waveforms (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Creating Waveforms
Admin
Creating Waveforms 16 Years, 3 Months ago
With the advent of the Monomachine being able to load waveforms and the Machinedrum User Wave already capable of using waveforms, I wanted to start a thread on waveforms/wavetables to help shed some light on the consfusion and also point some great resources. I'm still very new to the concept of making custom waveforms. But there seems a to great pool of information on how-to, what is, and just using premade waveforms. Here's some info i've found:

Waveform / Sample overview

Wavetable Synthesis wiki entry

SOS article on creating waveforms. though they're talking about the Waldorf Microwave. the customizing waveforms section is good.

Carbon's Wavetable for the XT.

Carbon's DSI Evolver Waveshape Charts (about midway down)

Waveform Calculator

i've also add a "Waveforms/Samples" to the 'Files' page. Post any and all there...

please add to the list or enlighten us if you have experience with waveforms.
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/01/13 12:00
Admin
Re:Creating Waveforms 16 Years, 3 Months ago
Creating continuous looped samples/waveforms in the UW walkthrough:

Once you've found a sound you want to have looped playback, you'll need to put the sound into a audio editor and set the waveform/sample to 'Loop'. It's should save it as a part of the meta data.

Then open up C6 and add you file. Highlight you file with a single mouse click, if the file saved as a looped file you will see "Loop ON Loop Start: xxxx Loop End: xxxx" (see picture). Now you want to set C6 to 'Loop On' (it's on the right next to the sample data)

Killer Beez
The home of Future BASF
http://soundcloud.com/ookpikk
Wavosaur is a great free wave editor.
http://www.wavosaur.com/
King Koopa
MDUW Mk1/SID station/MnM Mk1

my cloud
pelektor at myspace
actuel wrote:
Creating continuous looped samples/waveforms in the UW walkthrough:

Once you've found a sound you want to have looped playback, you'll need to put the sound into a audio editor and set the waveform/sample to 'Loop'. It's should save it as a part of the meta data.

Then open up C6 and add you file. Highlight you file with a single mouse click, if the file saved as a looped file you will see "Loop ON Loop Start: xxxx Loop End: xxxx" (see picture). Now you want to set C6 to 'Loop On' (it's on the right next to the sample data)

You can also make the sound loop by simply switching the Loop button in c6 to Loop ON before transferring the sample.
Then, it loops on the MD when sample start/end is at 0/127 and dec is on 127..
King Koopa
Re:Creating Waveforms 15 Years, 11 Months ago
great resources!! Thanks Actuel
Chain Chomp
MDUW mkI / MnM mkII
when the mono waveforms/wavetables feature is finished do you think elektron will make a software wave editor for the mono?
something simple like c6 would be nice

Last Edit: 2008/05/03 08:12
In preparation for the new feature (which I will not be able to take part in--I have an SFX-6 ), I have uploaded real Nintendo NES waves. I sampled these from my NES, using MidiNES. The full octave range was captured and so were the duty cycles, for the pulse wave. Two files in the .zip. You'll have to chop the files into single cycle waves. I've tried these in my evolver and they sound damn cool.

http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=413&Itemid=30
Admin
Nice Glitched! Your after my heart with this share.
Cappy
I've been using Bhajis loops to audition and edit wavetabes on my Palm. It has a wave pen option that allows you to draw your own. You can also reduce the sample rate, apply overdrive or bit reduction, a bunch of other effects. But the best part is the wave pen and that I can mess around with it on the metro or waiting in line or whatever.

bhajis for the Palm nerds.
Whoa. My first evening of playing with waveforms in the UW was amazing. I had no idea the UW would make noises like this.

Thanks for the nudge Ryan!
Go to top Post Reply