As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Site Bug & Features Request Thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Site Bug & Features Request Thread
Admin
Re:Site Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 2 Months ago
texmex wrote:
If you can't do anything to the Show Latest Posts I'll just accept it. I just find it quite ridicilous that I every time I log in I have to press the Show Latest Posts twice...

i believe i have resolved the clicking twice problem, use the 'More...' link in the 'Recent Forum Topics' module on the right:

presto!

*edit*

i realized the issue was that the 'Show Latest Posts' was containted within the 'User Menu', which can only be seen if you're logged in. so subsequently all links within User Menu are based on user data and timestamp/session values. so by placing the same link out side the User Menu its not tied to a specific session. so it generic just searches for all the most recents.

/a
  The topic has been locked.

Last Edit: 2008/02/01 02:57
Admin
booblitz wrote:
Specifically, quotes from a previous post are not wrapped within an individual div, so they have the same color as the body of the new post, which makes it hard to differentiate between the two. The formatting is working on the post new message page but doesn't work when just browsing.

i fixed this. now when replying, edit, or quoting the text below in the 'Review' section is much more readable.

Last Edit: 2008/02/01 03:19
Killer Beez
actuel wrote:
1. Recent Forum Topics module now only displays latest post per thread. so for example, if 9 people respond to this thread, it will still only be posted in the module once. ensuring that you see the 5 latest threads of activity vs. 5 most recent individual posts.

2. Spent quite a bit of time today optimizing the site. It's noticeably quicker. We want from a average to 10 - 12 second page load times to 4 - 6. I plan to continue to refine and help keep the site as agile as possible.

This is actually a very active forum!! I know companies that don't provide such a fast service of fixing random things that people want. Big hurray for Actuel!!
Goomba
Hey Actuel,

Thought I'd let you know I saved my file at a lower resolution with a file size of 6.8MB and it uploaded just fine!
Admin
bigfrog wrote:
Hey Actuel,

Thought I'd let you know I saved my file at a lower resolution with a file size of 6.8MB and it uploaded just fine!

Great news. I'll work on resolving this file upload limit this weekend, but for now i'm off to listen to your track
Goomba
For the feature request thread, it would be nice ( and helpfull for our beloved "sweedish friends" )
If each post/sugestion could be "voted"...this would make the most demanded features visible as such,

I dont know...just a thought
Admin
mmdetoro wrote:
For the feature request thread, it would be nice ( and helpfull for our beloved "sweedish friends" )
If each post/sugestion could be "voted"...this would make the most demanded features visible as such,

I dont know...just a thought

thx for the suggestion, but as noted in the beginning of the thread, there's no guarantee that Elektron is even reading that thread. i think Elektron check's in from time-to-time but i don't believe there's a steady monitoring of any thread in particular...but i could be wrong . so i'm not sure how much value setting up voting for each suggestion really makes sense.

i can assure you the best method is contacting elektron directly and making your feature request: support@elektron.se

help this helps!
Goomba
I know, I know, but I like to believe, that given this is the only Elektron Users Forum out there, they might check every once in a while....

But then again, I´m also sure they are very busy peole with no time to read a 1000 post from a forum...so it is quite likely they don't

Anyway, I will take your advice, and mail suggestions to them....
Admin
well if it makes you feel better, i know they do come by the forum but i'm just not sure how often or if they're monitoring that thread. last week i was speaking with a Elektron employee over IM, i asked a question that was raised in a thread, and he already knew which thread i was talking about.

my point about emailing support is just to ensure everyone's bugs & suggestions gets heard legitimately.
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
hey, just a quickie:

when you add a URL in the signature, in the profile settings, using the [URL ] tags it always has http://www.elektron-users.com/ in front of it..

I dropped the [URL ] tag and it works that way..
Go to top Post Reply