As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Site Bug & Features Request Thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Site Bug & Features Request Thread
King Koopa
Re:Official Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 2 Months ago
Actuel, most excellent how you handled the image issue. I'm happy

If you can't do anything to the Show Latest Posts I'll just accept it. I just find it quite ridicilous that I every time I log in I have to press the Show Latest Posts twice...

Anyway, good work!
  The topic has been locked.
Killer Beez
[shitty english explanation]

Ok, here is one feature suggestion. I thought someone could have post it a the begining, but as it still bugs me out, I guess nobody has. I'm talking about the 'Recent forum topics' -box. It bugs me, that it shows one topic multiple times if users happen to answer it in a row one by one. It would be more clever just to show it one time and would leave more space for other recent forum topics. Like for example, if Elektron would announce a new sampler-machine, list would consist only of replies to that topic (flaming hell of enpassionate elektron fans). Other topics would suffer and maybe I wouldn't able notice them. Anyone get what I mean? If there is multiple new posts in one thread, it should still be shown only once in 'Recent forum topics' -box. This way it would a whole lot easier to track where the discussion takes place, and flaming threads don't push other threads out.

[/shitty english explanation]

Last Edit: 2008/01/30 04:34
Admin
Toni wrote:
[shitty english explanation]

Ok, here is one feature suggestion. I thought someone could have post it a the begining, but as it still bugs me out, I guess nobody has. I'm talking about the 'Recent forum topics' -box. It bugs me, that it shows one topic multiple times if users happen to answer it in a row one by one. It would be more clever just to show it one time and would leave more space for other recent forum topics. Like for example, if Elektron would announce a new sampler-machine, list would consist only of replies to that topic (flaming hell of enpassionate elektron fans). Other topics would suffer and maybe I wouldn't able notice them. Anyone get what I mean? If there is multiple new posts in one thread, it should still be shown only once in 'Recent forum topics' -box. This way it would a whole lot easier to track where the discussion takes place, and flaming threads don't push other threads out.

[/shitty english explanation]

i agree Toni that the current 'Recent Forum Topics" could be improved, and much like you suggested, but unfortunately it appears that it would be a lot of work. so for now we're gonna keep using the current default 'Recent...' module.

i'll definitely keep your suggestion in mind. current module isn't ideal, but it is what it is for now.

thx for the suggestion!

Last Edit: 2008/01/30 04:42
King Koopa
I wish there was a better handling of scales in the md.. imagine u start a 16step beat and copy it to the 2nd 16 steps.. then u go back to the first 16 steps and add more elements.

After a while u want to expand it again to 32 steps by copying the 1st 16 step pattern to the 2nd 16 steps.. no chance.. even when u delete the 2nd 16 steps and then expand it again u will get nothing but silence.. so u have to programm the whole 16 step pattern again

Is it just me experiencing this?!

edit: doh i posted to the wrong thread.. saw it on the sidebar and didn't notice it was in the site suggestions area

Last Edit: 2008/01/30 05:00
Admin
Re: Site Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 2 Months ago
Changed the thread title to help differentiate the two different topics.

/a
Goomba
Re:Site Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 2 Months ago
I'm not able to upload any files... I've tried for 3 days now and have used 2 different computers.

After I specify the file I want to upload I get the progress bar and it says "Please wait while DOCman is uploading". After 5 minutes I get the error listed below:

Warning: fetchmethodform(/home/elektron/public_html) [function.fetchmethodform]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elektron/public_html/components/com_docman/includes_frontend/upload.php on line 67

Fatal error: fetchmethodform() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/elektron/public_html' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/elektron/public_html/components/com_docman/includes_frontend/upload.php on line 67

------------------------------
Thanks for your hard work!

- John
Admin
Sorry to hear about that BigFrog. That can be frustrating. I know the uploads is working as people have been uploading items. Would you mind emailing me the files at: actuel [at] gmail.com

I will test them and see what's going on. It could be a size issue. I have found larger files have cause some users some problems.

We'll get it worked out!
Goomba
Hey Actuel,

Thanks for the reply.

I do believe the problem is the file size... I uploaded a little test file and I uploaded it with no problems. I'll trim the file down and re-upload it later!

Thanks for the help!

John

FYI - the file is 9.07MB. I download a 7MB file the other day, so it seems like your limit is around 8MB...
Admin
Appreciate the feedback BigFrog. I'll try messing with the upload limits. Interesting I have set to 50mb. So something's wonky. I'll look into it.

/a
Admin
1. Recent Forum Topics module now only displays latest post per thread. so for example, if 9 people respond to this thread, it will still only be posted in the module once. ensuring that you see the 5 latest threads of activity vs. 5 most recent individual posts.

2. Spent quite a bit of time today optimizing the site. It's noticeably quicker. We want from a average to 10 - 12 second page load times to 4 - 6. I plan to continue to refine and help keep the site as agile as possible.

/a

Last Edit: 2008/01/31 14:02
Go to top Post Reply