As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Site Bug & Features Request Thread (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Site Bug & Features Request Thread
Admin
Re:Official Bug & Features Request Thread 16 Years, 3 Months ago
enapa wrote:
The forum behaivs a bit strange in safari on mac, read threads are unread and so on...

I tryed firefoox and it´s similar.

I wonder if i can set the clock somewhere?

Trust me, it's not the simple. The session management issues go far beyond setting clock preferences. I have commented on the 'New' & 'Mark as Read' bug several times already, please read. Additionally just 2 posts up, I posted about the bug fix for session timing coming in version 1.0.4.

So be patient. It's coming.
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
tjebbe wrote:
HI tried to upload another audio file but i get this ?
thanks tjebbe
Warning: fetchmethodform(/home/elektron/public_html) [function.fetchmethodform]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/elektron/public_html/components/com_docman/includes_frontend/upload.php on line 67

Fatal error: fetchmethodform() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/elektron/public_html' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/elektron/public_html/components/com_docman/includes_frontend/upload.php on line 67

Hi Tjebbe. This is very odd. I have uploaded many files, in fact all of them with zero problems. I just posted another test file to see if there were any new issues, and uploads is still working fine.

I'm not sure what happened when you tried to upload. Can you send my the file via email or try again? If it happens again, please post: what browser, operating system, and send my the file at: actuel (at) gmail [dot] com. So I can try to replicate.

thx
Boo
Hey guys,

whatever styles you have in effect that display the forum when posting a new comment (such as this one) are not in effect when browsing the forum.

Specifically, quotes from a previous post are not wrapped within an individual div, so they have the same color as the body of the new post, which makes it hard to differentiate between the two. The formatting is working on the post new message page but doesn't work when just browsing.

Sorry if someone has pointed this out already, I'm too lazy to browse through all the pages of this topic right now.

Also, on IE7, the RSS tag and forum post tool drop down are hovering above the right scrollbar in the forum div.

Last Edit: 2007/12/29 06:29
Admin
Ok, I'm pretty confused what you mean by most your post, so I'm gonna break it down in questions my little brain and conceive of:

booblitz wrote:
Hey guys,

whatever styles you have in effect that display the forum when posting a new comment (such as this one) are not in effect when browsing the forum.

What does this mean? The stylesheet of the forum while viewing whether one is logged in or not logged in are all working fine for me in: Safari, FF, and IE 6 & 7. It's possible I don't understand. In order to see the buttons "reply, quick reply, quote, etc" you have to be a registered user and logged in.

Specifically, quotes from a previous post are not wrapped within an individual div, so they have the same color as the body of the new post, which makes it hard to differentiate between the two. The formatting is working on this page but doesn't work when just browsing.

There are different ways methods of quoting. One by hitting 'Quote' in the main thread window, or using the BBCode quote like i did just above ^ to highlight your text. Now if you mean the style when in a reply, the colors i show in Safari, FF, both IE's are a light blue & white. With quoted text have a light grey dash surrounding the post.

Not sure I understand the issue. I can place a more obvious border around the quoted text if necessary, but it's viewable here for me.

Sorry if someone has pointed this out already, I'm too lazy to browse through all the pages of this topic right now.

Also, on IE7, the RSS tag and forum post tool drop down are hovering above the right scrollbar in the forum div.

I will look fixing this once I get home, currently on vacation, but as I noted in the original version 2 thread, I'm not supporting IE 6 or 7. I have made a special stylesheet to try to accommodate anyone using IE, in an attempt to make sure they're having the same browsing experience. For optimal viewing on this site, I only support browsers that adhere to W3C standards. If the IE 7 bug is simple, I will definitely try to fix.

Thx
a
Admin
added a dotted dash to surround quoted text. hope this helps Booblitz.

thx
a
Boo
Yes, that is what I was talking about with the dotted dash.

What I meant was that on the page where you are actually writing a new post, you know, with the textbox at the top and the forum beaneath it....the forum is styled differently than when you are just browsing the site.

The way I see it right now on IE7 - I am writing this post and below this text box that I'm writing in are the forums with every alternating post having a blue background for ease of viewing. This kind of formatting with alternating blue backgrounds does not show up if I'm just browsing the forum normally. They appear to have different styles.

If this is still over your head, I will post pictures of what I mean to show you.
Admin
Hey'a Booblitz, This makes sense. I'll style the reply pages very soon. Thx for the info
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com
actuel wrote:
added a dotted dash to surround quoted text. hope this helps Booblitz.

thx
a

that's better, it was a little hectic..
a darker grey would've done the same too (or another color)
Admin
hageir wrote:

that's better, it was a little hectic..
a darker grey would've done the same too (or another color)

yes it would have but i think the dashed line looks fine. i chose a white as a color against the grey so it would be 'highlighted'. going darker may have worked but then you're running into more gray hues, which then can turn into readability issues. i could have also chose a highlight color such as yellow or something brighter but i think it would have mucked up the color palette of the forum. so i just chose the dashed outline around white.

^it may surprise people to know, i do think about these kinds of things

if the dashed outline against the white backdrop causes readability issues, i will try other options.

/a
King Koopa
I find the visualisation of the current page quite hard to read. Could the current page be surrounded with bracketslike 1 2 [3] and preferrably with different color 1 2 [3]

On IE6 the layout is broken on pages where there are images larger than the post area or links in the leftside signature that are longer than the area reserved to them... but as IE6 is not supported and I'm not using it as my default browser, that's okay. Have to check Opera as well.
Go to top Post Reply