As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6
Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 10 Years, 7 Months ago
daffydub wrote:
No luck yet
the iconnect simply doesn't "see" any incoming MIDI
Only spent half an hour or so.... Will keep tryin' !

Which version of iConnect Midi are you using?
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Am I correct in reading when using the Midi Expander as the micro USB from QuNexus as Midi Express to a hardware midi device, that the external midi hardware needs to be set to midi channel 2?

Not quite. The Midi Expander connects to the QuNexus Mini port, not Micro port (the one on the right) using a USB A-to-Mini cable. From the Expander you can plug a regular midi cable into the Monomachine input. The Midi Expander is just a different port to send on, it can send any midi channel. By default, the Monomachine actually receives on channels 1-6 for the individual tracks, and channel 8 for the auto-track which triggers whichever track is selected on the machine at the time.

If so, how would this work with midi channel rotation?

You can set a base channel for channel rotation in the QuNexus editor. This is the channel that your first note is sent on and they increment upwards by 1 with each note from there. By default the base channel is 1.
Goomba
Also, how is it plugged into the QuNexus? Do the LEDs on the QuNexus light up when you press on the keys? If not then it is not getting power.
Goomba
Sorry, my last post was @daffydub about the iconnect.
Cappy
It lights up real pretty and all
the "MIDI expander" port on Qunexus plugs into the standard Usb A on the iconnect...
As said - power is not the issue... Itried different presets onthe qunexus as well.....
Will maybe buy the Camera connection kit today - just to get it running on the ipad...no money for the Midi expander till next month
Cappy
Only just discovered how cheap the Midi Expander is.... Ordered
Goomba
Awesome! Sorry it didn't work for you with the iConnect, the midi expander will definitely do the trick.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Halo of Teeth wrote:
Am I correct in reading when using the Midi Expander as the micro USB from QuNexus as Midi Express to a hardware midi device, that the external midi hardware needs to be set to midi channel 2?

Not quite. The Midi Expander connects to the QuNexus Mini port, not Micro port (the one on the right) using a USB A-to-Mini cable. From the Expander you can plug a regular midi cable into the Monomachine input. The Midi Expander is just a different port to send on, it can send any midi channel. By default, the Monomachine actually receives on channels 1-6 for the individual tracks, and channel 8 for the auto-track which triggers whichever track is selected on the machine at the time.

If so, how would this work with midi channel rotation?

You can set a base channel for channel rotation in the QuNexus editor. This is the channel that your first note is sent on and they increment upwards by 1 with each note from there. By default the base channel is 1.

I wanted to explain why I was initially *confused* on the aforementioned 'Channel 2'---what the QuNexus instructions are referring to in Channels 1,2 and 3 are the various 'PORTS' on physical QuNexus while talking about using cv and midi and use of Midi Expander, and various set-up scenarios! Still learning but can say I would love to just shake Keith McMillen's hand and tell him "Well done!" because I really think everyone should spend the extra $49. on the Midi Expander because it really opens possibilities wide open!

I have yet to try recording/playing notes into the Analog Four instead of the mini keyboard on A4, as still taking my time learning the A4.

LOVE the Toggle features on QuNexus and for such a small device, part of does wish it had a small rechargeable lithium battery within it for total mobility.
Go to top Post Reply