As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Re:Q and A session if anyone has some bassstation 2 questions! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Q and A session if anyone has some bassstation 2 questions!
Cappy
Q and A session if anyone has some bassstation 2 questions! 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hey guys, I just got my bass station 2 today............ im not sure many people have them yet as mine was one of the first to ship, so i figured if anyone had any questions, feel free to ask.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Machinedrum SPS-1UW+ MkII
Monomachine SFX-60+ MkII
Roland Gear
------------------------------------
www.syn303.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/syn303
Re:Q and A session if anyone has some bassstation 2 questions! 10 Years, 7 Months ago
what's it like for doing sound effects, all i hear on youtube is people making dubstep wobbles with it!
Cappy
Re:Q and A session if anyone has some bassstation 2 questions! 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Syn303 wrote:
what's it like for doing sound effects, all i hear on youtube is people making dubstep wobbles with it!
its GREAT for doing sound effects, it has great lfo's that go from barely there into video game sounds ive made some nice sounding drums with it (not analog four quality) but different. This thing really really shines in my book.... i
Cappy
S,

Does this synth also hold patches?

S
Game & Watch
shemp wrote:
S,

Does this synth also hold patches?

S

yes
Cappy
yeah it does there are 69 patches that are to show you what this synth can do, then from 70 on are all INIT patches where you can store your own stuff.... but I believe you can write over anything just reload them via sysex.
Cappy
guess not too many people were interested in finding out this bassstation 2. Well let me answer the questions you dont have

do you need this monosynth. If you dont have 1000000 of them then yes. I got rid of my minibrute and im glad I did. This thing is not made of metal, and wont survive a war, but what It will do is provide you with AMAZING tones, killer bass, crazy leads, and just offf the wall modulation possibilities and sequences. For the price point ( plus novation is offering a 50$ rebate until oct 1st it cant be beat. You can flame me all you want whatever... Ill just say it. I think this thing is on par with a sub phatty sound wise but does more.... it destroys the little phatty...and minitaur if only it had CV!!!!!. and if it had CV, it would be beat friends with the MS20 mini A4 club. This thing does it all, and it does it will..... The osc mod knob is honrs of fun on its own. ...

and no i dont work for focusright, or novation
Goomba
Got mine yesterday. Haven't spent enough time with it to call it my own just yet, but it is a blast to play and a breeze to program. This one will be up there with the JP6 for me, I'm sure.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Glad you like the BSII. I have been holding out for the Waldorf Pulse 2 because after the module is released, according to their main person in an interview in Germany, a keyboard version of Pulse 2 will be released by end of this year. Have a Classic Pulse Plus, which has cv and cv to midi converter built-in and works well with A4.

The lack of cv/gate on Bass Station 2 was a deal breaker for me and I quite like the character of the Minibrute. The mistake most people make is turning any given oscillator waveform up too high on the Minibrute, and thus pushing overdrive on everything, missing the beautiful nuances of varied tone had by it's great filters.

The build quality of the original Bass Station was crap-tastic as well.
Game & Watch
^

Not even close to winning the award for "Britains Flimsiest Synth" the EDP wasp has held that title for years

Back on topic, I hope they do a rack one without the sequencer and with CV and Gate.
Go to top Post Reply