As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge your very first elektron users post... (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: your very first elektron users post...
Admin
your very first elektron users post... 10 Years, 6 Months ago
this was mine:

http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=13&id=47695#47695

kinda goofy in many respects, but at that time my very best, inspired by the community. i have always been challenged by the music makers here.

reminds me of my days living in germany. ah... elektron users will always be my roots. and after quite a few years of owning elektron boxes, i've come back to using them as they shine the best: live machines of mayhem.

my first, all elektron live show just happens to be 24 September, 2013! then same day this joint closes up for good. so fitting. i won't be able to do it justice, but i'll try my ballz off.

thanks EUSERS!

what was your first post here?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:your very first elektron users post... 10 Years, 6 Months ago
well, i meant the day after this joint closes up for good.. how fitting!
Admin
here's mine! 7 years, 10 months ago. WOWZERS.

http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=9&id=5780#5780

This idea is great, kirlian.

here it is in case people don't want to click through:

"I got my monomachine a few weeks ago, and I have to say that I have never been so excited about learning a piece of equipment. Fortunately work has been very slow lately -- and while I can't bring it to work and mess with it, I can read the manual. Which I've done. 4 times. And I think about it. Constantly.

So I just wanted to say "hi." And I can't wait to learn from the mm masters on this board.

Hi!

-M"
tIB
Boo
Mine was GAS related and inaccurate: http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=11&id=25830#25830

tIB wrote:
cant say im too optimistic about the interface. while it is no doubt a great machine the desktop evo is not the easiest to navigate...

5 years, 8 months and about 8000 posts later I haven't changed.

Nice thread C, good luck with the set.
Admin
Haha, great thread C! It's like a reminiscing thread for the veterans

I'm feeling a bit sad that this place is finally closing its doors, and I will miss the good times we've had on this board. Elektronauts will pick up where EU left off though.

Here's my first post, 7 years and 8 months ago (beat me there PT), asking for an extinct OS for the MD...

Hi everyone

Does anyone know where to get the os 1.20 for the Machinedrum these days? Sorry for the stupid question, I haven't been in touch with the Elektron world for a long time..

Regards,
Nils
Norway

Good luck with your set! (which btw happens to be the day before my 40th birthday.. )
tIB
Boo
Happy birthday old man!
Admin
Old man indeed! and thanks
Yoshi
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&Itemid=28&catid=9&id=22486#22486

5 years 11 months

About to start bitching about Turnkey - well i showed them, no one keeps me waiting for months and stays in business
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=23303&catid=9&limit=10&limitstart=240

only a mere 5 years 10 months ago - seems like longer..

Aww - & the first reply was me old mate Nils Love this place.

^
only 40 next week btw Mr Odergaard - you're still just a young 'un....
Admin
This thread has made me a bit nostalgic. I hadn't actually looked to see how long EU had been a part of my life. Those were probably the most important years for me musically.

Thanks to all of you (you know who you are, or at least you should) who have had an influence on me, my music, etc. You've shared knowledge, your creations, and, most importantly, your friendship.

I will miss this place as it existed during it's best years. Everything changes, I suppose, even online communities for esoteric hobbies.

Go to top Post Reply