As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear OT - Set specific BPM per pattern? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: OT - Set specific BPM per pattern?
Killer Beez
Re:OT - Set specific BPM per pattern? 10 Years, 6 Months ago
I use an innerclock sync gen and a modular host (Sensomusic Usine) which allows midi triggerable snapshots of a interface item that controls master tempo to be recalled instantly. Essentially what I do is have the OT send a program change to Usine every pattern, which in turn triggers whichever tempo I have selected for that snapshot. Works a charm!
  The topic has been locked.
Yoshi
Re:OT - Set specific BPM per pattern? 10 Years, 6 Months ago
beta wrote:
Tarekith wrote:
Says you, that would be a major issue for those of us who perform live and use different tempos for different nights.

why not have it both ways? it's very simple. the mpc does it. it has an option for 'master tempo' or 'sequence tempo'. it is right on the main screen and you can even switch back and forth on the fly.

master tempo = all selected sequences play at the set master tempo.

sequence tempo = all selected sequences play back at their individually saved tempos.

it would not be difficult for Elektron to add this as a global option. the default could remain as the current functionality, but those of us who want to use different tempos for different patterns could chose a 'pattern tempo' option.

This is the correct answer, and what the Octatrack should have...
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply