As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music tIB on gameoflife: Impressions, Pixelated (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: tIB on gameoflife: Impressions, Pixelated
tIB
Boo
tIB on gameoflife: Impressions, Pixelated 10 Years, 6 Months ago
Happy to share my latest EP on gameoflife.com:

"Impressions, Pixelated"

Preview vid: http://vimeo.com/74559274

EP (Available for free download): http://gameoflife.bandcamp.com/album/tib-impressions-pixelated

Elektron, modulars and other bits and pieces. Created by me, mastered by Richard Scott @ boomdoctor.com
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
Re:tIB on gameoflife: Impressions, Pixelated 10 Years, 6 Months ago
Some golden bits in here mate. Violent dream is a favourite.

Sorry for the long, long silence. Hope you're well. We need to catch up.
^
ditto what Nils said ( how are you btw mate ? good I hope ? ) - though I'm loving Diffusion too...

On the download now so I can enjoy this properly in a relaxed environment tonight...but this is quite brilliant Andy, love the overall sound too. Will dig deep later.
Nice artwork too btw. A top release mate.
tIB
Boo
Thaks very much kind peoples! Ive been sat on this release for so long now that objectivity is a little gone. This is certainly one of my straightest bits of electronic- hopefully its one of my best too... I thought it was last year when I put it together! Happy to have it out, with a suitable home and before this place turns out the lights.

@ Nils: Been way too long chap, hope you're well and yeah, a good chat is long overdue... lots to catch up on. Ill pull my finger out at some point soon!

@ Mark: Hope you likey! Assuming you have some, if you feel like adding your experiences on the lynx hilo feel free to spam this thread with them. I love an xmit mini reveiew!
loving what I've heard on this so far Andy - nicely mastered too btw...

re. Lynx Hilo : can't oblige this time mate I'm afraid - never used one. I'd be fairly willing to blindly ( deafly ? ) stick my neck out though & say it'll be awesome, as Lynx stuff always is. The Aurora's are amongst the very best-sounding things ever, so I'd reckon the same sort of quality of components & engineering are in the Hilo - pure win I'd say & I'm sure at this price point it'll be amongst the best convertors you can get. Obviously you can pay double - & the rest - for mastering spec ADDA convertors, but I bet this isn't too shabby.
tIB
Boo
^ thanks Mark!

Re the hilo: all Ive read suggests the convertors are golden, just need to decide whether at this point I need that or would be better taking a smaller upgrade for now whilst I get my practice head on... maybe a babyface or focusrite forte.

There's not really a right answer; either way would be an upgrade to nothing and whatever I do now Ill probably look to grab the lynx in the future anyway... if I can get that side of things going as I hope to. Other option are the crockwood monitor controllers, which in many ways would suit me better but would also require more of an outlay in terms of upgrading my laptop to a desktop with the appropriate connections. No need for that with the USB hilo.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Thanks for posting this Andy! Some infectious rhythms in those first three especially.

So what's up with the Game of Life moniker, did you guys create a collective of some sort?
tIB
Boo
Thanks Chad.

The gameoflife thing is probably best explained here: http://gameoflifeproject.com/label/
I was asked to do a remix for another of their artists on an earlier release (here: http://gameoflife.bandcamp.com/track/rule-of-three-remix-by-tib), which lead to them asking if I had anything. The style of this ep is a bit less experimental than their usual thing (and mine!), though that was kind of the point with this one- its another side of modular composition.

Incidentally all the tracks here were recorded as jams and then (sometimes) edited into current form- its another of those no overdubs type affairs, so fits nicely with their ethos.
Admin
there are some very cool moments on this. i just did a quick listen but i'll definitely be back for more. congrats!
tIB
Boo
Nice one Cody, I hope you enjoy my friend!
Go to top Post Reply