As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Volca Beats on ebay UK (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Volca Beats on ebay UK
Game & Watch
Volca Beats on ebay UK 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Jut nabbed one, 2 sellers have them at the moment, be quick though as there seems to be only about 8 left, good luck
  The topic has been locked.
Cappy
Re:Volca Beats on ebay UK 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Ordered
Nice one - I look forward to some top Darenager demos then

I'm not in a rush - gonna wait til they're readily available here as I can buy one at trade price then ...
Game & Watch
Wow, it arrived today - pretty amazed by it for the price, it has some very playable and playful features, in fact I'd go as far to say in terms of playing with rhythms it is the most playable drum machine I have ever used. Watching a demo does not translate very well the playing experience, and it takes a bit of practice to master - I'm not there yet..

The sounds are actually pretty decent, the PCM sounds are very lofi, but the toms, hats, and kick are really good, the snare is a little weak compared to 606 or 808 but can sound useable at certain settings, also turning the snappy down it can become a 3rd tom/conga. Also
layering the hi tom with the snare can help to give it more body.

The build quality is another surprise, it feels very soild, and the top panel is aluminium, the little pots are ok given their size, the step buttons are very responsive and only a tad to small.

It is about as noisy as a monotribe, but as it is analog and battery powered this is to be expected.

Inside the points are marked for some outputs and midi out, if it plays over midi the same as the internal sounds (ie with the stutter, mute and step jump) then it will make a great controller.

I'd like to have seen a roll button, and the option for step jump to resume (ie so that the position that the pattern would be at is played when jump is released) and it would have been great if each part could have its own step length, but really can't complain.

If the bass and keys are as good as the beats then I'll be having battery jams a'plenty
Echo what Daren said. Surprised by the build quality, sounds are mostly solid (the kick especially!). It's an absolute riot to 'play' - very interactive and pretty much all of the controls are accessible via MIDI CC - makes a lot of fun with Octatrack sequencer/sampling.
good stuff - cheers Daren & Neil.... doubtless gonna pick up one of these along with an ( ahem ) TT303 for on-the-sofa acid techno headphone jams, whilst the missus watches some god awful reality tv shite....
Game & Watch
Yoshi
Look at my stuff, and help me obtain my burger
Clips and videos
darenager wrote:
B-U-N-D-L-E!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Bot-TT-303-Korg-Volca-Beats-Drum-Machine-Synth-x0xb0x-xoxbox-TB-303-/161103658062?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Pro_Audio_Synthesisers_CV&hash=item258286bc4e

Yeah, I saw that one too... I came very close to buying that.. but then again..
I do believe all volca's plus a bass-bot into your octa, will be a very fun platform to play on.
OT + Volca Beats: too much fun for £100!

http://soundcloud.com/neilbaldwin/octavolcatest
Game & Watch
Nice! Is is sequenced from the OT or just mangled by it?

Yet to try the midi side of things - had a look at the implementation and the tom decay is CC-able but not the pitch, not moaning but seems a strange choice
Go to top Post Reply