As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Farewell Elektron Users (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Farewell Elektron Users
Game & Watch
Farewell Elektron Users 10 Years, 7 Months ago
As you might have seen on Elektronauts this forum will be "frozen" on Sept. 23. Elektron Users has been one of my favorite spots on the web over the past several years. So here's to one of the best forums I've ever been a part of and to Actuel's memory.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
MD UW+, OT, MnM UW+
dubathonic releases
fb
Re:Farewell Elektron Users 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hear hear. I've learned more from this forum, and met more good people through it, than all other 'net communities I've visited combined.

The people here make this place what it is. Really hope the new forum will continue to be a gathering place for sharing knowledge and forging good musical relationships.
Admin
InnerPortalStudio.com - Specializing in mastering and mixdowns of electronic music.
So far the new forum has been exactly like it is here, so not much should change. Things look different and take awhile to get used to (and changes are coming), but the same people and attitude remains.

E-U was a great place though, definitely so drama free and unique.
Killer Beez
...and such a great place to shop for kitchens!
Yoshi
Bye all.

Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
See y'all over at Elekronauts
Chain Chomp
cold-date 10,191
Wow. I am kinda choked up. I've been on this forum a long time. I have learned more about making techno, and making sounds here than anywhere else. I also have several, excellent friends that came from this place.

I'll miss you, Elektron-Users, thanks for everything and thank God for you.
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
Ditto what ColdFuture just said.... what's it been, 10 years at least? And some of the best minds, hackers, artists, and most *generous* netizens I've ever known are here. We've had good times, tough times (Dan, Actuel), and crazy times. If the rest of the world's population behaved as well as we have, and if they contributed as much to their neighbors, and if they were all as worldly, tolerant, and accepting as this community, we would be living in a better world.
I hate to say farewell... really. I mean, let's get the party started on the flip side at elektronauts!!!

A sincere thank you to everyone here, and especially those main-stays that have given so much of their time, and have been so open with their workflows, tricks, and dreams.
Cappy
ive been here a few months, Ive met people i talk to regularly now, Ive gotten great tips, bought great gear at great prices from trustworthy people.... and its a place where I literally go multiple times a day, listen to music, see what people are doing, and im not afraid to ask questions or get shit on. Hope EN keeps the same flare. Wish I was here for longer, but the same can be said for me wishing I had elektron instruments for longer.... just happened upon an amazing video on youtube and was captivated with the amazing drum machine that I had never seen before.. the rest is history. If im going to miss this place this much after like 8 months, I couldnt even imagine after 8 years!!
King Koopa
Tarekith wrote:
So far the new forum has been exactly like it is here, so not much should change.
E-U was a great place though, definitely so drama free and unique.

Fully agree! See you all on 'nauts.com.
Go to top Post Reply