As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Raspi - anyone got one, done anything interesting? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Raspi - anyone got one, done anything interesting?
Game & Watch
Raspi - anyone got one, done anything interesting? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Just picked up a Rasberry Pi yesterday, quite cool little thing, currently just using it hooked up to my smart TV to make it a bit smarter, but interested to hear if anyone has done anything music or better yet Elektron related with theirs, I have seen the looper on CDM and a few other things. I'm no linux guru (to say the least!) so doubt I'll be able to do much programming, but there is a hackerspace starting locally so I might end up dipping in to it a bit.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Raspi - anyone got one, done anything interesting? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
I've had seq24 running on mine using a midisport uno

http://www.filter24.org/seq24/about.html

If I remember correctly it's "sudo apt-get install seq24"

I keep meaning to try it with my blofeld, could be a fun little setup.
Cappy
ive been looking into this here and there for a few weeks..... Ive seen the cool synth that someone had up and running with it.... but using it as a sequencer would be AMAZING. I have so many projects ahead of this though... that unless its SUPER easy to get going.. itll prob sit on the back burner for a while.
given (based on what I've seen & been told) it can run a fairly normal linux distro. I think the fun would be in adding a 5 or 7" touchscreen & creating/running Pure Data patches: MIDI utilities & sequencers with a touch-friendly GUI.

I've seen the Seq24 video - that's quite a nice thing.
Boo
Raspberries can be fitted with wireless cards, so it's only a matter of time until we have a WiFi midi syncing sampler that can capture and slice (via a multi-touch screen???) loops as they're streamed wirelessly into a 10-20 second buffer.

I looked into the kind of programming THAT would entail...let's just say I decided to just keep telling anyone who will listen about it and hope it happens one day.
Go to top Post Reply