As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Sandbox Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6
Goomba
Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hi guys,
My name is Diane and I use the Monomachine and Machinedrum a lot in my music. I also work for Keith McMillen Instruments designing software for midi controllers. We have a keyboard controller called QuNexus which has pressure and tilt sensitive keys which works very nicely for me with the Monomachine.

I made a group of QuNexus presets which allows you to use polyphonic pressure and tilt to modulate Monomachine parameters normally controlled by the joystick on the discontinued SFX-6.

QuNexus will let you control these joystick parameters without taking your fingers off the keys and it is very portable and customizable. These joystick parameters can be assigned to control virtually any element in your own instruments, but there is also a Kit file included as an example, as well as a quickstart guide explaining how to set everything up.

Hope you like it and I'd love to hear any feedback/suggestions you have.

Here is a link to the project page where you can download it (the file was too big to be uploaded here.)

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/project-detail/1833820-qunexus-monomachine-control

Here's a video of me playing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XkXIbqLzg_w

And here is a link with more info about the controller:

http://www.keithmcmillen.com/qunexus/tour

Thanks!
-Diane
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Monomachine control with QuNexus to mimic SFX-6 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Wow. Might be the thing that pushes me over the top to finally get an MnM....
Cappy
Thanks for this Diane - I happen to have *just* picked up a QuNexus last week and am starting to dig into it.

Serendipity.
Goomba
Thanks, guys!

I promise I'm not being a salesman for either company - both QuNexus and the Monomachine have been incredibly useful for me, I think they are a match made in heaven.

Let me know if you have any questions - I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, or you can PM me.
-Diane
Cappy
WOW! look really good. How do you connect it to the monomachine? Can i use my TM-1 or do i need the SoftStep MIDI Expander?
Goomba
Hi Shogun5000,
You do need the SoftStep MIDI Expander to connect it to the monomachine if you want to do it without a computer, which is a nice simple setup for a live environment.

But another option would be to plug the QuNexus into your computer via usb and then route the midi out of the computer using something like (MaxMSP or a sequencer/DAW like Ableton Live) through your interface and into the monomachine. This is a couple more connections, but it would allow you to record and edit the midi data as you play, and create loops with the automation on the joystick parameters. Haven't tried that part yet myself, but I bet it would be useful...
Goomba
Halo of Teeth wrote:
I promise I'm not being a salesman for either company - both QuNexus and the Monomachine have been incredibly useful for me, I think they are a match made in heaven.

And even if you were, this is that done right Full disclosure is always nice, and it's free, useful presets right on the forum where the relevant people are - served by the person who made them. Doesn't get better than this! Thanks.
Cappy
Ok thanks. have to try that
Cappy
Ok thanks. have to try that
Goomba
Awesome! Would love to hear what you guys come up with.
Go to top Post Reply