As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Site Suggestions Re:IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE
Game & Watch
Re:IMPORTANT - FORUM FUTURE 10 Years, 9 Months ago
I deleted loads this morning, wondering if disabling external links might be a better soultion, I'm sure it is pretty easy to turn it off.
  The topic has been locked.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
dataline wrote:
Elektronauts is definitely worth the wait

If Elektron put as much imagination into the forum as they do with their kit then I bet it is
Admin
darenager wrote:
I deleted loads this morning, wondering if disabling external links might be a better soultion, I'm sure it is pretty easy to turn it off.

That's bad news! I would much appreciate if you can inform Jon of this.
Chain Chomp
Interesting Rhythmic Devices That Seem To Counterpoint The Surrealism Of The Underlying Metaphor. DA RIP
tIB wrote:

On another note Dataline is an employee? How long has that been? I always assumed he was just a really enthusiastic fan.

18 months maybe, I don't know I'm terrible with time!!!
But yeah, he's busy in Gothenburg these days. They needed a professional Peanut Butter Pancake taster & he has all the right qualifications!!!!!
Chain Chomp
BlueWolfSe7en wrote:
tIB wrote:

On another note Dataline is an employee? How long has that been? I always assumed he was just a really enthusiastic fan.

18 months maybe, I don't know I'm terrible with time!!!
But yeah, he's busy in Gothenburg these days. They needed a professional Peanut Butter Pancake taster & he has all the right qualifications!!!!!

Im pretty sure Dataline would say he is an enthusiastic fan and an employee in equal measure.

I can only imagine that everybody working for Elektron is. A labour of Love for sure.

Chain Chomp
Every track here is made live using only the monomachine and the octatrack (no pc):
www.soundcloud.com/cutoph2
www.soundcloud.com/nobodyslistening
I will believe the news when I see the new forum.

It's a shame that such a great forum turned out like this

I hope elektronauts manages to recover the great community vibe this forum once had.
Chain Chomp
http://soundcloud.com/pixelife
I am bumping everyones comments here. I hope it's a smooth transition with much needed improvements. I'll be weirdly sad when it moves over since I would not be where I am with my music making without this site. Cheers everyone.
Admin
phading wrote:
I hope elektronauts manages to recover the great community vibe this forum once had.

so much, if not all of that vibe, depends entirely on the community's members. and the membership has changed over the last few years...
Admin
It seems spam is still seeping through, but not at the same rate as before.
I guess we have to manually delete spam accounts registered before the registration shutdown.

Elektron will soon be needing betatesters for the new forum. Invitations will be sent to everyone who's registered on the pre-registration page.

To get an invitation, sign up here:

http://elektronauts.com/pre_registrations/signup
Admin
Nein wrote:
Im pretty sure Dataline would say he is an enthusiastic fan and an employee in equal measure.

I can only imagine that everybody working for Elektron is. A labour of Love for sure.

Totally, and Dataline's contributions and presence here is much appreciated.

I also think that anyone affiliated with Elektron should be clear on their ties to the company, when involving in discussions on their products and practices.
Go to top Post Reply