As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Your Music Analog 4 centered - ambient/drone (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Analog 4 centered - ambient/drone
Goomba
Analog 4 centered - ambient/drone 10 Years, 7 Months ago
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
new CD/DVD out now Gates
things to listen to and look at:
http://abreojos.net
Re:Analog 4 centered - ambient/drone 10 Years, 7 Months ago
love it Duffman!

vids are wicked too! I love all that archive.org stuff- fun things for days to play with!
Goomba
Holy shit! Your work on Vimeo is incredible, I'm impressed and, frankly, inspired.

I'm picking up one of these DVD's my next check, the original video work synergized with the sonics is where I'm trying to go with my expression. As in, having the two mediums thought of as one piece, not as one accompanying the other.

I don't know the first thing about creating interesting visual experiences yet but you've left some helpful clues on your videos. Again, stunning work, especially dig Light on our Foreheads; hypnotizing and sinister envelope of narrative with an unpredictable evolution.

Your comment made my morning, thanks for taking the time to listen.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
This is great - thoroughly enjoyable.
tmt
Goomba
another great release!
thanks for sharing.
Goomba
Thank you both for taking the time to listen and for your feedback, it makes my day.
Goomba
Ran into this album a bit earlier, but didn't remember to comment:

Great stuff. It's making my Friday morning an enjoyable one Thanks!
Goomba
new CD/DVD out now Gates
things to listen to and look at:
http://abreojos.net

sharing the love eh?!

it's a bummer about Bandcamp not being able to embed videos on their pages, they have it rumoured but still no joy.

the inspiration is flowing both ways then!

if you are on a Mac and want a quick start on Quartz Composer stuff then hit me up with a PM, I have a few quick resources I can share with you.

Would love to hear some behind the scenes stuff of what you are doing, esp how you are integrating euro & the A4.

m/
Goomba
Thanks for that offer, I use a PC for my sonic battlestation.

Thus far i use the A4 as the hub of the tone creation. I chain two of my mono-synths into a moogerfooger clusterfux and stereo out into the A4. It's mainly feedback waveforms with heavy mod on evelopes and slight pitch drifts.

I get a big kick out of the reverb on the unit and I find it glues together the different elements in a fun way.

this last effort was the first time I was using a Euro module for one of the mono-synths in the chain. Without knowing fully what I was patching, the Cloud Generator quickly found an interesting place with multiple tonal elements dancing around in ways that seemed unique to what I've used thus far.

I'm yet to use CV out on the A4 but hope to begin experimenting with that soon.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Incredibly inspiring!!! Ambient is direction I too am working on and newly added A4 because it seems just made for this and although still new to Elektron way and learning, THIS work of yours really made my morning!!

(Am a recently Disabled/Retired Military Veteran and decided to get back into music because of it's incredible beneficial healing effects for PTSD ...your work put me in mood to dive deeper!!)

Thanks!
Go to top Post Reply