As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII !
Re: machinedrum & monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

actuel wrote:

niall wrote:
O, where does it say that the new synths have balanced I/O? That's interesting.

Hi Niall, you'll need to confirm this with Jon/Eletkron, but this is from an email i received:

"...redesigned I/O card for both units improve the signal to noise ration, and now the in/outs are balanced."

/a

That will suffice, thanks. That's a welcome addition, indeed.
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
Re: Machinedrum & Monomachine mkII ! 16 Years, 5 Months ago

ThinkTanx wrote:

zoot wrote:
little disappointing that the mk1 MnM cannot be fully upgraded. particularly the user waveform. which was the most popular wishlist request.

To be fair, Elektron (Daniel) always said that was never gonna be possible.

To be fair, I think he meant there would never be UWs like the MD... this is a different type of Userwaves isn't it? More like a traditional synth loads userwaves ie waveforms...not samples.
Hi guys ! Newbie here !

Just wanted to say hello....Guess I'm 'one of the gang' now ! - Elektron did the trick with me ! :-D
Had just sold some of my other hardware & have been thinking about getting a MnM for well over a year now...so then I get an email announcing the MkII & also 10% off.....Well - who could resist ??!!

Hopefully I wont plague you 'old-hands' with too many dumb-ass questions when my MnM arrives....
Admin

xmit wrote:
Hopefully I wont plague you 'old-hands' with too many dumb-ass questions when my MnM arrives....

Please do! That's why we're here you know

Congratulations, and welcome
Best
Nils
Game & Watch
Once you go Elektron...
Theres no going backetron!

-----------------
www.geirhelgi.com

xmit wrote:
Hi guys ! Newbie here !

Just wanted to say hello....Guess I'm 'one of the gang' now ! - Elektron did the trick with me ! :-D
Had just sold some of my other hardware & have been thinking about getting a MnM for well over a year now...so then I get an email announcing the MkII & also 10% off.....Well - who could resist ??!!

hah
congrats!
the 2nd generation elektron-users are here!

pff, feel free to ask any questions.. but search first because most of them have been answered before
Boo
Elektrons actual move is lowering the second hand prices of the units..
and i am a bit pissed of about that because the md never convinced me yet and i still think its rather musician friendly from the general handling...
I however was able to wait and keep it without loosing more money than selling it imideatly...so i waited for the updare that finaly might convinve me...waited...waited... waited t long..

this move cost me 400 euros and the md is not fixed or in a convincing state yet... so...wrong investment...the new jomox would have been the way to go as it looks.

there is however a risk for elektron in pissed of users that sell theire gear now and even more lowering the secondhand value of the machines..
So second hand elektron gear might affect the sales of the new units badly..
Boo

ThinkTanx wrote:

BUT what of my MD that is in Sweden right now? I must say that is the one thing that really kinda disappoints me. I am assuming that it will come back to me as a MD-UW Classic. I would think that before I plunked down $500 (plus another $200 for shipping!), Elektron would let me know that there was about to be an MkII version coming out. I could have spent that money on an MkII after selling my SPS-1 Classic.

true
thats a kind of rip off... they extra anounced that they found some "extra" boards...after allready having stopped doing the upgrade... so they actually lured some users in to sell their reststock for a high price...thats pretty bad

you should ask for a reduction...
Admin

rudebop wrote:

ThinkTanx wrote:

BUT what of my MD that is in Sweden right now? I must say that is the one thing that really kinda disappoints me. I am assuming that it will come back to me as a MD-UW Classic. I would think that before I plunked down $500 (plus another $200 for shipping!), Elektron would let me know that there was about to be an MkII version coming out. I could have spent that money on an MkII after selling my SPS-1 Classic.

true
thats a kind of rip off... they extra anounced that they found some "extra" boards...after allready having stopped doing the upgrade... so they actually lured some users in to sell their reststock for a high price...thats pretty bad

you should ask for a reduction...

This issue was resolved, and was posted here in this very thread. If you have issue's with Elektron's sales methods send them here: support@elektron.se

/a

You may consider reading through the whole thread before responding to every post
Boo

Ookpikk wrote:
Selling it for 1/2 retail would be idiotic. The new upgrades aren't that great, and there is a new OS around the corner.

It's too bad I really want the user wavetable feature, otherwise I'd be happy to buy a mono off someone for $600.

also true..actually old owners shouldnt do panic sells wright now... and elektron should rise the price for the mk2 for something like 8 months...

and of cause update the mk1..and especially debug it
Admin

xmit wrote:
Hi guys ! Newbie here !

Congrats xmit! Welcome to the Elektron-User family, albeit dysfunctional, but a family nonetheless. :-D
Go to top Post Reply