As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Other owners of Waldorf Pulse+ using with A4? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Other owners of Waldorf Pulse+ using with A4?
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Other owners of Waldorf Pulse+ using with A4? 10 Years, 7 Months ago
Hello! Although I own a MnM mk1, have not learned it to full potential and have an all hardware synth studio set-up, and my Analog 4 arrives tomorrow. I purposely purchased the Waldorf Pulse Plus for both it's own distinct analog 3 oscillator growl and it's built-in extensive cv/gate in/outs, and midi to cv converter, KNOWING resistance was futile, and adding the Analog Four to my set-up.

Have compiled a Word File of searches on the nebulous cv instructions in an otherwise well-written Analog Four User Manual, and thus far have only come across one post in one thread that one person even mentions using the Waldorf Pulse Plus along and with the A4...they were made for each other to finally be married...tomorrow!!

For those that may be either too new to synthesis, young, or otherwise not in the know; there's two different Waldorf Pulse rack unit synths with both having exact same analog monophonic synth engine that graces a LOT of tracks from the 90's to even present NIN/Trent Reznor's studio and tour set-up. The PLUS version of the Pulse has the aforementioned 2 cv/in cv/gate, 2 cv/outs, and gate out as well as an input directly to filter and modulation matrix and complete midi implementation.
This means whilst I learn to set the A4 cv/gate track to sequence the Pulse+, the Pulse+ itself can then do something rather cool...both sequence a second analog cv device AND via the built-in cv to midi converter in Pulse+, even have midi driven device from the driving brain of the Elektron Analog Four!! Kind of a Swiss Army Knife in its versatility and there HAS to be others out there using it with A4 to share tips and this is a call out.

Now that I know my first version MnM can actually send sequence data to A4 and the MonoMachine Mk1 will actually be a great external hardware track sequencer, am trying to do all outside the box in ambient/experimental electronic music, then using Reaper and a dedicated DAW PC to record with ALL outboard gear, absolutely NO VST to include effects, are outboard or already in hardware.

Thanks and a shout out to any other military Veterans such as I, a recently Disabled Veteran, using music for self healing of PTSD.

Peace!
  The topic has been locked.
Go to top Post Reply