As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Anyone using a Waldorf Pulse Plus with an A4 CV Track? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Anyone using a Waldorf Pulse Plus with an A4 CV Track?
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Anyone using a Waldorf Pulse Plus with an A4 CV Track? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hello! Not new to synthesis and have an all hardware synth set-up and although admittedly still learning MnM Mk1, I have wanted an A4 since release. So in careful planning, added a Waldorf Pulse Plus, which has a built-in full fledged midi to cv converter with CV/IN, Gate/IN, Two CV/Outs, and Gate/IN. A beast of an analog 3 osc monosynth.

Have an A4 now on the way as resistance was literally futile, and my question is (yes, read A4 pdf manual) since the A4 has CV-A/B and CV-C/D, is it a matter of getting a TRS Y-Cable and having the main TRS go into the A4 CV-A/B and then it will be Tip on one end of Y and sleeve on other end of Y going to the CV/IN and Gate/IN of my Pulse Plus and of course configuring in menus in each machine? If this is the case, just how does one determine which is tp or sleeve on the Y?
Conversely, for now, will only be connecting this one external analog CV synth, so instead of aforementioned Y cable, on the A4, CV-A/B output will be configured as CV and the A4 CV-C/D output configured as Gate? I notice Elektron calls this "Envelope Gate" and am aware of the A4 set-up menu for linear, volt/oct or S-Trig, pitch, et al, as my Pulse Plus has these parametrs as well.
I have searched and although find the A4 manual great, this area of having only two CV outs, but that can act as four has myself and another I have been corresponding with a bit confused. Thanks in advance.
  The topic has been locked.
Goomba
Re:Anyone using a Waldorf Pulse Plus with an A4 CV Track? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Hi Namnibor,

I found this site to be an invaluable resource for all things CV related, it goes into more depth than the manuals. you should find all the answers you're looking for.
http://analog.pen.io/

I have been using the dedicated FX and CV tracks on the A4 to sequence a Roland SH-09 and a Waldorf Pulse Plus simultaneously from the two CV outputs (AB/CD). The TRS settings can be edited from the CV track on the A4.
Goomba
A4, MnM, DSI MEK-x2, Waldorf Pulse+, Q, XT, Blofeld, Miniworks 4-Pole Filter; Virus KC, KB; Korg DW8000,;Alesis Fusion;Minibrute; Quasimidi Polymorph
Re:Anyone using a Waldorf Pulse Plus with an A4 CV Track? 10 Years, 8 Months ago
nanobot wrote:
Hi Namnibor,

I found this site to be an invaluable resource for all things CV related, it goes into more depth than the manuals. you should find all the answers you're looking for.
http://analog.pen.io/

I have been using the dedicated FX and CV tracks on the A4 to sequence a Roland SH-09 and a Waldorf Pulse Plus simultaneously from the two CV outputs (AB/CD). The TRS settings can be edited from the CV track on the A4.

Thank you! I actually had *just* found that link as well and is really useful!!! I am now just waiting on the seller to hear back via email from Elektron to transfer the 2 years and 8 months lrranty to me then he will mail it and have already paid for it on ebay. Great seller and communicating and can tell there's integrity there. Cannot wait. Have a Mk1 MnM as well and with the Pulse Plus...tons of fun~!
Loving this forum as have compiled a file of useful info thus far.
Go to top Post Reply