As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Hmm. What next. (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Hmm. What next.
Chain Chomp
Hmm. What next. 10 Years, 8 Months ago
So I was thinking I might take advantage of Nova Musik's 0% Financing on Moog / Other synth brands (the deal is varies slightly between the two). I want to add one more piece to my line up and it needs to have keys so that I can more easily play the other stuff I have. I have a Octatrack, A4, Minitaur, and iPad with a bunch of synth apps. I was thinking I could get a simple midi keyboard such as the 49 key Novation impulse....OR.... I could go with a synth with a keyboard. A Moog LP is the absolute furtherest I can go price wise. I could go Moog Sub-Phatty. But why go Moog again? ? I could go Mini-Brute (but it is somewhat hampered in the MIDI department because there is no MIDI transmitted from the knobs). I could Mopho, or maybe even Mopho 4X. Thoughts.
  The topic has been locked.
Boo
Re:Hmm. What next. 10 Years, 8 Months ago
How about a blofeld keys? You already have analog mono stuff covered so why not a digital poly?
Chain Chomp
A lot of the synth apps on my iPad I counting as a digital poly...
Chain Chomp
And I have a disdain for menu diving...
Cappy
My vote goes for the Roland JX-3P with the Programmer... my roommate has one and it's absolutely killer (absolutely underrated).
Boo
r05c03 wrote:
And I have a disdain for menu diving...

Really? Bet you love your Octatrack then

Seriously, the blofeld doesn't need much menu diving at all, it's editing matrix is really well thought out.

But if your ipad can cover the wavetable/fm/va/rompler stuff the blokeys can do you don't need to consider it.
Cappy
bassstation 2? ms20 mini?
Is a keyboard really a must? Plenty of funky tabletop synths in your pricerange, but not that many great keyboards, particularly since I think you got most of what anyone needs with a Minitaur and an A4 (another Moog would cause overlap, and imo a Mopho is basically a worse sounding A4 with a worse UI).

What kind of music do you make?

How are you doing in the outboard FX department? 1000$ could buy you an Eventide Space and a Vermona Retroverb Lancet, or some great delays (Strymon!), maybe some Moogerfoogers...
Chain Chomp
I have a Moogerfooger Freqbox and MF ring mod. That is a good point but sometimes I have people that want to do a one off gig with me as an actual synth player. In which case I need a real keyboard. I am primarily a sequence based dude, no computer, Just the Octa or A4 for brains. Also, sometimes it would be fun to play some back up chords or bass line behind my ladies Uke playing. I do not need a "great keyboard" but I need one that feels good to me....
Chain Chomp
Does anyone know if the Bass Station 2 transmits MIDI from knob movements?
Go to top Post Reply