As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Other Gear Novation Nova in Mint Condition - Trade Thoughts (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Novation Nova in Mint Condition - Trade Thoughts
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
Novation Nova in Mint Condition - Trade Thoughts 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Just curious what you fine folk think.
I have an absolutely mint condition (100% blemish free) Novation Nova with the last Software revision that pretty much makes it a 16 Voice Desktop Supernova (synth feature wise).
original manual, original, box/packaging and the rack ears for putting it in a rack if needs be.
If you where to consider trading it or something else what do you think would be a fair trade ?

Waldorf Xt Rack
Blofeld (preferably with the sample option)
Or something more vintage like a Yamaha SY99 / TG77 or something similar.
I love it to bits and it is super easy to use but I'm wondering if a Waldorf would be more the sonic imprint I am looking for.
Thoughts ?
It is a beautiful pad machine and i love how with the 'skew" options you can turn square waves into sines and pretty much get a triangle from a saw for extra versatility + the effects per part is a major bonus.
They're hard to get in this sort of condition also which makes me wonder if trading it would be a good idea.
Thought I'd defer to you fine people for extra thoughts.
  The topic has been locked.
King Koopa
Re:Novation Nova in Mint Condition - Trade Thoughts 10 Years, 8 Months ago
I wouldn't, certainly not for a Blofeld, maybe an Xt.
If you regret it you'll struggle to get a mint Nova.
If you want that Waldorf sound then save up or sell something else to buy a Blofeld but Novas just don't sell for prices which reflect the quality and features of the product.
Six outputs and effects on each part is something that will come in handy one day and the sound is amazing, particularly that full, solid, bottom end... reliable and extremely stable OS too.
You would kick yourself at some point if you part with it, don't do it.
Chain Chomp
http://venndiagram.ca
Maschine
Monomachine SFX60+ Mk II
Machine SPS1-UW
Analog Four
Octoatrack
Nord Modular G1
Evolver
Korg Z1
Spectralis 2
Re:Novation Nova in Mint Condition - Trade Thoughts 10 Years, 8 Months ago
Porcupie wrote:
I wouldn't, certainly not for a Blofeld, maybe an Xt.
If you regret it you'll struggle to get a mint Nova.
If you want that Waldorf sound then save up or sell something else to buy a Blofeld but Novas just don't sell for prices which reflect the quality and features of the product.
Six outputs and effects on each part is something that will come in handy one day and the sound is amazing, particularly that full, solid, bottom end... reliable and extremely stable OS too.
You would kick yourself at some point if you part with it, don't do it.

Interesting feedback - actually I'd prefer a MicroQ over a Blofeld oddly enough but if I could trade it for an TG77, MicroQ, XtRack (10 voice) even a CS6R I'd consider doing so. I agree it has a beautiful sound but it's clung on to more for nostalgia's sake this end I feel.
Much to contemplate at the moment.
Go to top Post Reply